Hearth back when KO'd outlawed AND DISCONNECTED

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Hearth back when KO'd outlawed AND DISCONNECTED

Postby Nightdawg » Fri May 08, 2020 11:14 pm

vatas wrote:I think the whole "TP to HF while knocked out" should be changed to character teleporting by default and you have to stop it from doing it.

I was going to suggest something to be done about it, but vatas put it the best way when they answered my question:
vatas wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:What happens if you get knocked out while outlawed and you disconnect (client crash, electricity shortage, internet going down, etc.)?
Does your hearthling hearth back? Are you doomed to just die there?

I'm 99% sure the hearthling is doomed in that scenario.
I think the whole "TP to HF while knocked out" should be changed to character teleporting by default and you have to stop it from doing it.

EDIT: Maybe make it a toggle or something.
Zyean wrote:Idk how people are arguing against this, if it's really a problem that you for some reason wouldn't want to hearth on a crash, make it a toggle in options.
Last edited by Nightdawg on Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Re: Hearth back when KO'd outlawed by default.

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:01 pm

Bump
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby meus » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:51 am

Nightdawg wrote:changed to character teleporting by default and you have to stop it from doing it

How do you stop it if you are disconnected then?

If you disconnect in a PVP situation you should in all cases be in danger, especially if outlaw or redhanded.
meus

Postby HasseKebab » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:28 am

meus wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:changed to character teleporting by default and you have to stop it from doing it

How do you stop it if you are disconnected then?

If you disconnect in a PVP situation you should in all cases be in danger, especially if outlaw or redhanded.

You can teleport even if you are redhanded so i dont really get whatever point you're trying to make. If you are arguing that you should die to uncontrollable DC or crash then you're just being an idiot. What This suggestion is exactly for those cases, if you get DC'd and you get knocked out and cant make it back in time you're almost garuanteed to get killed since you get back up with 1 hp and then get cleaved for 50% of your hhp and quite likely die on the spot which is a really bad thing since its out of your control.
HasseKebab

Postby meus » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:30 am

HasseKebab wrote:
meus wrote:

i don't really get whatever point you're trying to make...

...quite likely die on the spot which is a really bad thing since its out of your control.

Becoming red-handed/outlaw and proceding to engage in PVP is totally in your control.

The obvious abuse is: you become outlawed, run off to a vault, and "get disconnected out of your control" in the vault while having a good night sleep. When they track you down, break into the vault and proceed to punish you, you get auto-ported across the world in another vault.

Is that a better explanation?
meus

Postby HasseKebab » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:10 am

Well thats certainly a better argument. However realistically speaking, that doesnt happen and quite likely never will. If it were to happen, people would much rather choose to have this happen to them than having their characters permamently killed from pvp due to things that are out of your control like dc and crashing since people die to this very frequently.
HasseKebab

Postby meus » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:08 am

Yes, that's true.

But whether it is safe to become an outlaw, should be considered beforehand, as it is a long-term effect - especially when PVP is expected. More precisely - engaging in PVP while outlawed should be a "think before you act".

P.S.: Another option would be, if the person is DC'ed that they would be made invulnerable for a short period, enough to log back in. This can also be exploited, but it may have a limit of e.g. 2 minutes and can occur only once per month or so.
Last edited by meus on Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
meus

Postby eliminator » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:46 am

this is how it works in other games

Code: Select all
You will teleport to hf in %n seconds

[cancel]
eliminator

Postby HasseKebab » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:41 am

You type like you have no experience in combat or sieging Meus. Because the only outcome of this is that people wont die to dc or crashing, you type like its a great feature to die to being dc'd or crashing. As it is with current mechanics all you do is get knocked out and teleport back to hearthfire after you get KO'd in combat, thats all. Getting dcd or crashed after you KO means you'll get up with 1 hp and most likely die which is what we want to prevent since its such a bullshit way to die considering thats the only way you can die right now.
HasseKebab

Postby meus » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:22 am

HasseKebab wrote:you type like its a great feature to die to being dc'd or crashing

No, you type like everyone is dying to it on a regular basis - while outlawed and KO'd and DC'ed and in PVP and under a blue moon.

HasseKebab wrote:bullshit way to die considering thats the only way you can die right now

On the contrary - if it didn't happen often enough it would not be a problem to complain about, would it?
I never remember DCing in HnH except when they restarted the server with me being AFK.

If someone is abusing the game to cause others to DC and get easy kills - that's a totally different thing.
meus

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas