Tear-Down/Put-Up Drying Frames

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Tear-Down/Put-Up Drying Frames

Postby WowGain » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:45 am

The title gets my idea across in a pretty brief fashion. Drying frames are hardly any more complicated than a roasting spit- its just four big sticks with string tied around them at the ends. I can understand how those would be cumbersome as hell to lift and carry around because of their shape- even if they wouldn't be all that heavy, but I think it would be totally fair to allow people to temporarily dismantle them and them set them back up somewhere else, just like you can with roasting spits. Hell, have it take up 4x4 of your inventory space if it really has to but still, people should be able to readjust or move them with them somehow.

If I am braindead and have somehow missed a mechanic that allows for something akin to this or some other way to transport them, spit in my direction and flay me to your heart's content.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Re: Tear-Down/Put-Up Drying Frames

Postby hektor96643 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:29 am

WowGain wrote:The title gets my idea across in a pretty brief fashion. Drying frames are hardly any more complicated than a roasting spit- its just four big sticks with string tied around them at the ends. I can understand how those would be cumbersome as hell to lift and carry around because of their shape- even if they wouldn't be all that heavy, but I think it would be totally fair to allow people to temporarily dismantle them and them set them back up somewhere else, just like you can with roasting spits. Hell, have it take up 4x4 of your inventory space if it really has to but still, people should be able to readjust or move them with them somehow.

If I am braindead and have somehow missed a mechanic that allows for something akin to this or some other way to transport them, spit in my direction and flay me to your heart's content.

A valid point. SHould be observed.
hektor96643

Re: Tear-Down/Put-Up Drying Frames

Postby WowGain » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:41 pm

Bumping this as something that could very quickly be added to reduce tedium in a piece of infrastructure that could benefit from some QoL
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Return to Critique & Ideas