No "Made from ... " for (mixed)Milk ?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: No "Made from ... " for (mixed)Milk ?

Postby mvgulik » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:09 am

Massa wrote:I'd like it to stay this way to not have to deal with bullshit unwanted FEPs that completely fucking ruin the food you're making. Especially in the case of bulbs.

There is of course always someone that likes things to stay the same.
But how displaying some information, or not displaying it, is going to make you fuckup your food making is beyond me.
On top of that, its in my view still a under "user" investigation post. (and I'm pretty sure HnH dev's are not known for changing stuff just because there is some ??? topic about it)

So far the current implementation seems to me to have some logic to it.
":ie: not displaying (in item tooltip) those food-parts that don't trigger some FEP modification on top of the item-base-FEP"
Its however not something that seem to be highly self explanatory, on its own from within the game. (Potential RoB job)
mvgulik

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:57 pm

Massa wrote:I'd like it to stay this way to not have to deal with bullshit unwanted FEPs that completely fucking ruin the food you're making. Especially in the case of bulbs.

Do you mean if they gave fat and butter different feps? Wouldn't make much difference if one kept it the same
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby vatas » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:43 pm

Apocoreo wrote:

Do you mean if they gave fat and butter different feps? Wouldn't make much difference if one kept it the same

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Butter-steamed_Cavebulb

Can only be made with butter (as hinted by the name.)

Mixed milk butter doesn't add any variety-FEPs, leaving it only with base PSY-FEPs which is desirable over having slightly more FEPs that are "tainted" by non-PSY-FEPs.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:18 pm

I see, so it's that both fat and butter are neutral. So that would be an unnecessary change to display them (without changing feps). Just would be move visually pleasing to anal people like me.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby mvgulik » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:19 am

Just a little rundown.

Neutral <=> The default.
With some (food) items having/supporting an additional FEP modifying part(s). (the "memories of pain" part)

Solid Fat's: (as general example)
- Rendered Animal Fat: Neutral only. (ie: has no additional FEP modifying part. Mainly because its only input source "Animal Fat" is (currently) a neutral-only item)
- Hvalraf: Neutral-only. (as its a harvested and not a crafted item)
- Butter: Neutral + FEP mod part (FEP mod part inherited/coming from none mixed milks.)
-- Mixed milk, or Neutral-only milk, has no FEP mod part. Effectively making it a distinct 5th Milk type.
-- Butter created from different milk's (at crafting stage) will pickup & pass-on active milk FEP mod's. (with only reporting the percentages of actual FEP modifying effects it picked-up).
mvgulik

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas