Washing barrel and dirty hearthlings

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Washing barrel and dirty hearthlings

Postby shubla » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:41 pm

Hearthlings should accumulate dirt when they run around. To remove this, one would have to wash himself. Dip in the river/lake would do, but more civilized hearthlings may also wash themselves in barrels filled with water. Or even larger bath tubs. (like around 1.5x1.5 tiles of size). This mechanic would leave room for saunas.
Washing yourself when dirty would give small general buff to certain stats as you feel clean and refreshed, like charisma at least, maybe stuff like sewing too, as you can produce better clothes with clean hands.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: Washing barrel and dirty hearthlings

Postby Reiber » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:09 am

i´d actually just throw around with slight charisma buffs tbh . but i think having 0 wounds, or being clean should make you an bit more sexy.
but perhaps cleanliness could reduce your likelihood of infecting wounds, or be tied too allergic reactions, perhaps decrease aggression of midges to an point where they dont lock ontoo yo from 2 minimaps,

but that would make sence if they detach infection from swamps an bit,
Reiber

Postby Reinhard99 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:59 pm

shubla wrote:Hearthlings should accumulate dirt when they run around. To remove this, one would have to wash himself. Dip in the river/lake would do, but more civilized hearthlings may also wash themselves in barrels filled with water. Or even larger bath tubs. (like around 1.5x1.5 tiles of size). This mechanic would leave room for saunas.
Washing yourself when dirty would give small general buff to certain stats as you feel clean and refreshed, like charisma at least, maybe stuff like sewing too, as you can produce better clothes with clean hands.

Absolutely love this idea!
I recently played this post apocalyptic zombie survival game on Android and they had this mechanic. Quite satisfying to have different levels of clean up rituals that require different items and give various buffs.

I thought maybe H&H needs something similar to clean up those nasty wounds or after a hard days work in the mines or the farm or maybe the swamp.

I had the exact same idea: Dip in a natural reservoir < bath tub (object) < sauna (building).'

Buffs can be applied accordingly like you've said.

Another mechanic I thought of was pooing but looks like the thread is locked and it sounds reasonable given the amount of food a character eats. A small outhouse should suffice. And some buffs too! Like constipation or diarrhea for eating some foods could be implemented as well. The character might have to relieve itself accordingly or at least once after waking up to feel refreshed. The poo can then be recycled into compost as well. Only seems like a natural addition.

Hope the devs consider these ideas.

Thanks for the post!
Hail Odin!
Reinhard99

Postby loskierek » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:41 am

Perhaps have the soap prevent new infections from appearing for a perioud of like 1ig day rather than spam soap to get rid of infection you already got.
loskierek

Postby Reinhard99 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:31 pm

loskierek wrote:Perhaps have the soap prevent new infections from appearing for a perioud of like 1ig day rather than spam soap to get rid of infection you already got.

Sounds perfect! Washing a wound with soap right away before applying gauze/other medication should also help heal faster.
Hail Odin!
Reinhard99

Return to Critique & Ideas