Mine Elevator Inventory Change

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Mine Elevator Inventory Change

Postby nero1141 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:22 pm

In my opinion mine Elevator should enable us to put liftables inside. like they are pretty good to drop food,and some metal for pillars down to the mine, but except for that they are pretty useless...

change their inventory to at least one liftable space(chests can work as inventory grid as well) so we can at least move ores up and down with wheelbarrows.

Or because you need to prepare space for them first, let us select with flower menu how deep we want to go and port us there. that would be easier than clicking on each minehole up to level 9 >.<
nero1141

Re: Mine Elevator Inventory Change

Postby Sevenless » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:40 pm

Wheelbarrow directly into it, make it count as a mega stockpile that can be wheelbarrowed out of at any of the levels! I think the teleport has some merit too.

Honestly the major issue it has is mines don't really function vertically. Ore veins don't cross layers, and even then they get mined out pretty fast anyway. Some kind of minecart system that goes down prospecting tunnels and is reasonably cheap to make might be neat, but it'd have to be competitive with just making roads.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jock » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:38 pm

Give them the shed inventory
jock

Postby spavaloo » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:43 pm

nero1141 wrote:let us select with flower menu how deep we want to go and port us there. that would be easier than clicking on each minehole up to level 9 >.<

+1
Please
Go to space
spavaloo

Postby Archiplex » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:28 pm

Back when I originally suggested this (viewtopic.php?f=48&t=66540&hilit=+pulley) I had suggested it work as either an extremely large stockpile, or capable of holding several objects (i.e a shed). This is because it's going to compete against a cart+6 wheelbarrows in terms of storage capacity; if it's worse than that, it's not all too worth using, especially as it's static.

Still think the best way to do it would be allowing it to either hold several stockpile's worth of rocks and ore (like granaries) or several objects.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby spragoon » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:03 pm

I'm not sure if the devs have said anything about this in awhile, but I think it would be cool! If the elevator accepted liftables then we could create some neat new base designs without having to drag a cart around as much.
HexIndustries village member since w10
spragoon

Postby vatas » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:40 pm

Make Mine Elevator work with liftables instead, make specific container only liftable when empty to restore original functionality if so desired.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to Critique & Ideas