Remove the speed boost from bunny slippers

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Remove the speed boost from bunny slippers

Postby jordancoles » Thu May 06, 2021 3:38 am

It creates a weird meta where you can drop a rabbit behind you to allow for your friends to catch up in pvp scenarios and it also forces players to wear these slippers over anything else on the off chance that you see an opening for that niche tactic.

Remove the speed boost from these slippers and let us have diversity in what shoes we wear
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Re: Remove the speed boost from bunny slippers

Postby VDZ » Thu May 06, 2021 4:28 am

If bunny-dropping is problematic in PvP, just make it work only for naturally-spawned bunnies.

I enjoy the speed boost both for catching bunnies and for general movement. I'd rather not have it taken away just because it impacts group PvP battles (which only a tiny part of the playerbase actually engages in).
VDZ

Postby shubla » Thu May 06, 2021 5:18 am

Or maybe just remove pvp.
I think chasing rabbits like that is fun.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Halbertz » Thu May 06, 2021 10:10 am

If you like the speed bonus so much, you can make both speed increases from chasing animals only work outside of combat. At least it will be better than the way it works now.
Halbertz

Postby vatas » Thu May 06, 2021 10:22 am

Yes, just disable forager and bunny slippers speed boosts if you have any active combat relations.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby ctopolon4 » Thu May 06, 2021 10:30 am

vatas wrote:Yes, just disable forager and bunny slippers speed boosts if you have any active combat relations.

this,dont needs to listen fighters and remove it completely.
shubla wrote:Or maybe just remove pvp.

also good option. make animals more clever to keep game fun and remove retards with b12
ctopolon4

Postby Archiplex » Thu May 06, 2021 11:58 am

nah, just remove it entirely. the problem with "nerf X except only for combat" means you get unclear situations that can cause people to die because it's not clearly stated anywhere, and it's a very patchwork job.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby shubla » Thu May 06, 2021 12:09 pm

Archiplex wrote:can cause people to die because it's not clearly stated anywhere, and it's a very patchwork job.

This game has nothing properly stated or documented anywhere, even after many years of playing you come up with completely surprising aspects that may or may have not been mentioned in some changelog 2 years ago so that is the worst argument for anything!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Archiplex » Thu May 06, 2021 12:53 pm

shubla wrote:
Archiplex wrote:can cause people to die because it's not clearly stated anywhere, and it's a very patchwork job.

This game has nothing properly stated or documented anywhere, even after many years of playing you come up with completely surprising aspects that may or may have not been mentioned in some changelog 2 years ago so that is the worst argument for anything!

just because it's been happening doesn't mean it's a good thing
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu May 06, 2021 2:07 pm

Making it so it just doesn't work in combat is probably the best. Removing fun things strictly because of PVP spergrunning sucks.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas