Reduce hunger on Roast meat

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Reduce hunger on Roast meat

Postby Liss12 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:46 am

Kaios wrote:What are some examples of what the good smoked meats or sausages provide in terms of FEP?

Something like this bad boy.
Liss12

Postby Liss12 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:49 am

And about the topic- make more high tier meals that use roasted meat as an ingridient, duh.
Liss12

Postby Zampfeo » Thu May 13, 2021 5:14 am

Cooked or raw meats could be made interchangeable in some recipes like sausage i.e. you could make running rabbit sausage with either cooked or raw fox/rabbit. That way the gridiron could at the very least be used to raise the quality of your bad meats for use in already good recipes.
Zampfeo

Postby Kaios » Thu May 13, 2021 12:19 pm

Liss12 wrote:
Kaios wrote:What are some examples of what the good smoked meats or sausages provide in terms of FEP?

Seems nice but I'm not convinced such foods are that much better when you take the time and effort required to make them in to account compared to simply roasting meat or whatever else. Given the choice, I'd prefer to eat foods that have a decent to large amount of one type of FEP rather than the multiple types that you've shown here. What makes that swan neck good, is it the Perception +2 or is it the Constitution that goes along with that or is it that it gives a large amount of FEP overall? Wouldn't it be more ideal to create foods with FEPs that complement each other?

As mentioned by VDZ, if I roast an Eel it gives a 25% sizzling bonus and it ONLY gives Agility. If I spitroast an Eel this might increase the overall FEP it gives by adding Dexterity, but then it also creates the chance that you'll get Dexterity instead of Agility which very likely defeats the purpose of using the agility focused food in the first place. The 1.5% less hunger, to me, isn't worth the added risk in gaining a useless FEP that I didn't intend to go for when making that particular food. 10 FEPS of pure Agility still seems better than 17 FEPs of both Charisma and Constitution in a single food, for instance.
Kaios

Postby jordancoles » Thu May 13, 2021 12:29 pm

Kaios wrote:
Liss12 wrote:

Seems nice but I'm not convinced such foods are that much better when you take the time and effort required to make them in to account compared to simply roasting meat or whatever else. Given the choice, I'd prefer to eat foods that have a decent to large amount of one type of FEP rather than the multiple types that you've shown here. What makes that swan neck good, is it the Perception +2 or is it the Constitution that goes along with that or is it that it gives a large amount of FEP overall? Wouldn't it be more ideal to create foods with FEPs that complement each other?

As mentioned by VDZ, if I roast an Eel it gives a 25% sizzling bonus and it ONLY gives Agility. If I spitroast an Eel this might increase the overall FEP it gives by adding Dexterity, but then it also creates the chance that you'll get Dexterity instead of Agility which very likely defeats the purpose of using the agility focused food in the first place. The 1.5% less hunger, to me, isn't worth the added risk in gaining a useless FEP that I didn't intend to go for when making that particular food. 10 FEPS of pure Agility still seems better than 17 FEPs of both Charisma and Constitution in a single food, for instance.

You don't aim for high FEP values, you aim for the lowest hunger % possible. The hunger system is just annoying and so smoked sausages on a good hunger reducing table make it a little easier to eat a lot of one thing without tanking your meter for a few days
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Liss12 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:32 pm

Kaios wrote:
Liss12 wrote:

What makes it good is 0,84% of hunger cost, compared to 4% on regular roasted meat and 3,5% on spitroasted. Even if you get "wrong" stat 3 tmes in a row it will still be more efficient in terms of stat gain/hunger.
Liss12

Postby Kaios » Thu May 13, 2021 12:53 pm

Oh lol I didn't even notice how low the hunger was. That makes sense, you're right. Still, I wonder what the best tables look like at this time because I'd have to imagine they are already quite good given the quality of metals and such currently available and how much of an impact that would have overall in relation to satiations as well if the hunger % for roasted meat were to be lowered. It would certainly make them better as filler foods at the very least.

The hunger modifier of a nice table is going to make a 0.84% hunger cost next to nothing and if all food becomes similar to that I'm not so sure it would have the best outcome.
Kaios

Postby Archiplex » Thu May 13, 2021 12:55 pm

Kaios wrote:
Liss12 wrote:

bro what

that shit is .85% hunger, that's literally less than some BERRIES. even if it has a few misc shitty stats, the fep/hunger makes it absolutely ideal for eating- you're ruining your hunger entirely through roasted meat. it's also why spitroast is good- yes in the specific situation of eel if you don't want dex you probably wouldn't do it, but not all foods always add a shitty stat when spitroasted/smoked/etc- most don't even. let's look at boar vs spitroast boar: boar gives 2 feps for 4% hunger, spitroast gives 4 for 1.5%- there's literally no reason to eat roasted boar at all.

also that example of swan neck is honestly kind of bad, some better examples:

even if you DON'T care about hunger, then there's shit like this (of which is still way worse than the hunger version but w/e)
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Kaios » Fri May 14, 2021 10:55 am

Archiplex wrote:Image

wtf? I realize that's a lot of hunger sure but the amount of Strength FEP on that is as good or better than Midnight Blue Cheese. Honestly a lot of these foods either seem too good to pass up on or not worth making at all, there's hardly an in-between. If stat progression was not so incredibly sped up by the qualities that get out of hand this wouldn't really even be much of an issue to worry about because these foods wouldn't seem so insane compared to roasted meats.
Kaios

Postby Sevenless » Fri May 14, 2021 12:37 pm

Kaios wrote:
Archiplex wrote:Image

wtf? I realize that's a lot of hunger sure but the amount of Strength FEP on that is as good or better than Midnight Blue Cheese. Honestly a lot of these foods either seem too good to pass up on or not worth making at all, there's hardly an in-between. If stat progression was not so incredibly sped up by the qualities that get out of hand this wouldn't really even be much of an issue to worry about because these foods wouldn't seem so insane compared to roasted meats.

They are only competitive with pork meatpies until you unlock infinite pork. 55 base FEP compared to 35, but with 3x the pork input.

In general, many recipes with variable input+spices go insane. BBB with pork aren't a completely unique recipe power. There's stronger stuff that existed pre-smoked foods. This food system has power creep in it that obsoletes recipes that were obsolete when it started.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas