Attach gloves to belt

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Attach gloves to belt

Postby Xoatl » Tue May 11, 2021 9:08 pm

https://imgur.com/a/8ZcIyJZ
Can we please make this happen?
"reee what about knuckles and lynx claws"
You can fit a boar spear up your ass I don't see any problem with making fist weapons fit.
Xoatl

Re: Attach gloves to belt

Postby Sevenless » Wed May 12, 2021 2:27 am

What does it add to the game?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed May 12, 2021 4:07 am

Sevenless wrote:What does it add to the game?

i believe he wants it, so he can have knuckles on for UA fighting but still be able to change to gloves when needing to caress a rather unscrupulous and vicious crab.

that niche situation is the only real scenario i can think of where this would be useful.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby jorb » Wed May 12, 2021 7:08 am

Yeah, I had the same idea when I made my knuckles. Will consider.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 12, 2021 7:49 am

Why not just wear such weapons OVER the gloves?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed May 12, 2021 9:35 am

honestly, gloves on a belt would be great, but considering some of the bulky things we can put on a belt I think it wouldn't be a huge ask to have a pouch that can hold a couple clothing items

maybe some kind of linen sack we can roll up a shirt/pants/hat in to

a lot of crafters, miners trying to juggle mason/str gear, hunters juggling combat/surv gear and surely many others could benefit from having a small bag that carries a couple clothing items
Zentetsuken

Postby Reiber » Sat May 15, 2021 2:56 am

MagicManICT wrote:Why not just wear such weapons OVER the gloves?

oh you wanna make knuckles intoo rings?
that would defeat there purpose as earlygame weapon i belive, 2 beastrings arent that bad for ua damage.
i´d actually be more in favour of them being actually an weapon. i think i´s somewhat dumb that the preferred weapon for ua is an 2 handed axe, and mc is just an way too destinguish you as an not so developed and pvp experienced player.
Reiber

Postby The_Lich_King » Sat May 15, 2021 3:12 am

Reiber wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Why not just wear such weapons OVER the gloves?

oh you wanna make knuckles intoo rings?
that would defeat there purpose as earlygame weapon i belive, 2 beastrings arent that bad for ua damage.
i´d actually be more in favour of them being actually an weapon. i think i´s somewhat dumb that the preferred weapon for ua is an 2 handed axe, and mc is just an way too destinguish you as an not so developed and pvp experienced player.

I don't think you understand the intended purpose for UA very well, This has been discussed before and i have actually been the one who has initiated discussion on more UA weapons before back when i misunderstood the purpose of UA.

UA isn't for being a Ninja or Mountain Monk who can disarm their opponent or best them with their bare hands, that sort of combat Jorbtar have been avoiding adding altogether, UA is for a more agile fighter whom doesn't want a shield and wants to go for a big dick swinging style of combat.

MC is for someone who wants to use a shield and get huge defensive bonuses for it, at the expense of getting the massive damage increase of using Battle Axe of the Twelfth bay, as it stands in late game PVP i don't know what it will look like for this world but in previous worlds its nearly always been a mix of UA and MC builds even in last world where it felt everyone was just using a B12 i still practically saw Shield and Sword fighters in nearly every fight. There are moves like quick barrage which allow MC to build initaitive quicker than UA ramping up to more cleaves while creating the opening hardest to close so while B12 spammers will always be able to have the highest damaging cleaves and have the greatest potential for getting a kill, MC builds will be able to get off their cleaves first and get off possibly more, leading to possibly an earlier K.O.

I think the real reason people favor UA into B12 is simply because everybody wants to boast about kills and its much harder to get a kill without a B12.

I digress though, we should never ever see UA weapons outside of weapons that are sharp and made of metal such as B12, because it doesn't make sense in the context of the purpose of UA and MC and doesn't make sense for the game setting.

TL:DR Ua isn't for being Bruce Lee and using nun-chucks or your bare fists to best enemies with steel weapons, UA and MC are for different variations of Melee Combat and we should probably add UA weapons to the list of things that people should stop posting about, and also someone isn't necessarily bad at PVP or underdeveloped because they go Sword and Shield build with mostly MC, its also viable just less popular.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby ULGMsean » Sat May 15, 2021 7:53 am

While were at it, can mask be put in the belt also :D
マイルズ
ULGMsean

Postby Xoatl » Mon May 17, 2021 1:28 am

The_Lich_King wrote:
Sevenless wrote:What does it add to the game?

i believe he wants it, so he can have knuckles on for UA fighting but still be able to change to gloves when needing to caress a rather unscrupulous and vicious crab.

that niche situation is the only real scenario i can think of where this would be useful.

Yes this was the reason basically, or nettles, or hedgehogs/jellyfish assuming gloves lower the chance of being hurt there too. Would generally help foragers who hunt sometimes. Also wow I got quoted in an update cool :D
Xoatl

Return to Critique & Ideas