CON gilds are actively harmful. Poor Borj.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: CON gilds are actively harmful. Poor Borj.

Postby Fostik » Fri May 14, 2021 9:33 am

MagicManICT wrote:Alternatively: CON gilds give a temporary SHP buff but add no HHP. Just an impromptu thought, and also has some pitfalls (like KO if you take off that ring and only have 1 shp?)

Otherwise, losing HP from loss of buffs shouldn't take away X HP, just lower the max, and if the character is over the new max HP, set current HP to max. Probably the wiser fix.

In this case, mr. Borj will still be dead, since he will have 300 SHP and 200 HHP, but murderous rage of mr. Ratfol will deal him 240 HHP damage.

It can probably be fixed by making CON gild buffs not applied their bonuses immediately.
This means, that if you are wearing item that gives you CON, your MHP will slowly rise to the max number over time, in about 6-12 RL hours. Same if you taking off your clothes, your HP will slowly go to normal values (and if they were stolen you will have opportunity to heal some of the wounds).
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby MagicManICT » Fri May 14, 2021 10:58 am

Fostik wrote:In this case, mr. Borj will still be dead, since he will have 300 SHP and 200 HHP, but murderous rage of mr. Ratfol will deal him 240 HHP damage.

Solves the issue by making sure you just die instead of succumbing to death by disenchantment. That's the goal, fix this bug situation, right? It's a possible suggestion. Best solution is to make sure temporary hps are temporary, and not going to kill you because you lost them when at critical health.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Fri May 14, 2021 12:25 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Fostik wrote:In this case, mr. Borj will still be dead, since he will have 300 SHP and 200 HHP, but murderous rage of mr. Ratfol will deal him 240 HHP damage.

Solves the issue by making sure you just die instead of succumbing to death by disenchantment. That's the goal, fix this bug situation, right? It's a possible suggestion. Best solution is to make sure temporary hps are temporary, and not going to kill you because you lost them when at critical health.

The problem is, if Borj went out with 200shp/hhp, he would not die assuming he took a single big sneaky bonk. If Borj goes out with 300shp/200hhp, he will die from sneaky bonk.

Your suggestion doesn't solve the problem, Big Borj pants are still killing Borj for wearing them. #downwithpants
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Fostik » Fri May 14, 2021 1:59 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Solves the issue by making sure you just die instead of succumbing to death by disenchantment. That's the goal, fix this bug situation, right? It's a possible suggestion. Best solution is to make sure temporary hps are temporary, and not going to kill you because you lost them when at critical health.

Excuses, how does it solves anything, when someone who has CON gilds dies at 100% rate if being knocked out by other player?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby MagicManICT » Fri May 14, 2021 11:00 pm

I already posted the absolutely proper solve for the issue. Now we're just arguing semantics over an alternative that is between the current method and proper fix... just saying. That's the
MagicManICT wrote:also has some pitfalls

part. Given the preferred "simple solutions" jorb and loftar both state, this will either get fixed properly, or not at all, I think.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri May 14, 2021 11:21 pm

I think a better name for this thread would be "Should Con gilds exist to begin with" because honestly i don't think there should be any gild that increases your MHP
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Kamekono » Fri May 14, 2021 11:48 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:I think a better name for this thread would be "Should Con gilds exist to begin with" because honestly i don't think there should be any gild that increases your MHP

+1
get rid of CON gildings and the problem is solved.
You can then add armor gildings or go with some other "temporary hit points / shield points" like some other games have (which are the first ones to go, and don't count over you max hp) if you really want to give a gilding that makes you fat.
Kamekono

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri May 14, 2021 11:52 pm

Kamekono wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:I think a better name for this thread would be "Should Con gilds exist to begin with" because honestly i don't think there should be any gild that increases your MHP

+1
get rid of CON gildings and the problem is solved.
You can then add armor gildings or go with some other "temporary hit points / shield points" like some other games have (which are the first ones to go, and don't count over you max hp) if you really want to give a gilding that makes you fat.

I also think Armor gildings are a bad idea because it negates the usefulness of armor... i postulate this scenario, someone makes a tabbard with a god-tier sewer and gets loads of gild slots on it... potentially by adding all the armor gildings a cloth tabbard could give more armor than say.... a Bronze Breastplate AND it would be unbreakable. Armor gildings are a little game breaking and as for Shield HP, thats just the SHP suggestion that has been mentioned. TBH i think we should not have gildings that increase armor or HP in any form.

You might say "But Borj would still die from that raider." But i retort, Borj wouldn't have been fighting that raider to begin with because he wouldn't have an inflated sense of his own survivability and you might say, "Borj could get jump attacked." Well so could any spruce and they would die, if there is a stat disperity you die.... that's how this game works and removing or altering con gilds will never actually change that. The real issue is killing your char by accident, removing Con Gilds removes the potential to accidentally die.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby azrid » Sat May 15, 2021 9:10 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:I also think Armor gildings are a bad idea because it negates the usefulness of armor... i postulate this scenario, someone makes a tabbard with a god-tier sewer and gets loads of gild slots on it... potentially by adding all the armor gildings a cloth tabbard could give more armor than say.... a Bronze Breastplate AND it would be unbreakable. Armor gildings are a little game breaking and as for Shield HP, thats just the SHP suggestion that has been mentioned.

The gildings should break just like armor does.
Problem solved.
azrid

Postby The_Lich_King » Sat May 15, 2021 9:12 pm

azrid wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:I also think Armor gildings are a bad idea because it negates the usefulness of armor... i postulate this scenario, someone makes a tabbard with a god-tier sewer and gets loads of gild slots on it... potentially by adding all the armor gildings a cloth tabbard could give more armor than say.... a Bronze Breastplate AND it would be unbreakable. Armor gildings are a little game breaking and as for Shield HP, thats just the SHP suggestion that has been mentioned.

The gildings should break just like armor does.
Problem solved.

Then at that point they add literally nothing to the game. Like if you are just going to make them behave like normal armor why have them at all when we have armor. Not to mention it still gets into the issue, where a Cloth Tabbard could provide more protection than hard metal body armor.

The_Lich_King

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas