Snow piles in winter

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Snow piles in winter

Postby Zyean » Fri May 14, 2021 7:02 pm

Snowpiles in winter similar to leaf piles that can spawn stoats, snowflakes, ghost apples, etc.

Partially because it's cool, but also partially because it's kind of hard to collect stoat hides during winter with how short it is and how many you need for a single gilding, I think having this as a way to spawn them could be cool
Zyean

Re: Snow piles in winter

Postby shubla » Fri May 14, 2021 7:11 pm

Zyean wrote:but also partially because it's kind of hard to collect stoat hides during winter with how short it is and how many you need for a single gilding, I think having this as a way to spawn them could be cool

Maybe but isnt it also pretty cool to have them hard to catch? Gives some value to the gildings.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Kamekono » Fri May 14, 2021 11:50 pm

shubla wrote:
Zyean wrote:but also partially because it's kind of hard to collect stoat hides during winter with how short it is and how many you need for a single gilding, I think having this as a way to spawn them could be cool

Maybe but isnt it also pretty cool to have them hard to catch? Gives some value to the gildings.

It does, but at the same time the issue is not they're just hard to catch, but also that winter is way shorter than any other season because it's still boring.
Kamekono

Postby Reiber » Sat May 15, 2021 1:11 pm

Kamekono wrote:
shubla wrote:

It does, but at the same time the issue is not they're just hard to catch, but also that winter is way shorter than any other season because it's still boring.

and just like hedgehogs , you might be on an continent where they basically are none. so you might need too thingwall too an stoutbiome
Reiber

Postby Sevenless » Sat May 15, 2021 2:52 pm

Did nomad and wandering sage almost entirely in the winter. 10hrs travelling a day through stoat biomes, saw 4 and only managed to catch 3. I agree it makes the gildings more valuable in the rarity, but maybe a bit too rare. The gilding isn't that insane.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Zepar72 » Sun May 16, 2021 3:08 pm

Sevenless wrote:Did nomad and wandering sage almost entirely in the winter. 10hrs travelling a day through stoat biomes, saw 4 and only managed to catch 3. I agree it makes the gildings more valuable in the rarity, but maybe a bit too rare. The gilding isn't that insane.

Went one winter day to a piece of "Shady Corpse" biome to hunt stoats, found 3 in few minutes. Always see at least one whenever i'm traveling through / near that biome. Guess it's just luck, rather than rare spawn.
Zepar72

Return to Critique & Ideas