Ore quality variance is too wide

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Ore quality variance is too wide

Postby jordancoles » Fri May 14, 2021 9:34 pm

Why am I getting a 64 quality variance from one tile? Also while I'm here, why do I regularly mine q 30ish stones on the lower levels? Can these variance ranges be lessened and a baseline quality be added for each level because this isn't uncommon at all now :|
Last edited by jordancoles on Fri May 14, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Re: Ore quality variance is dumb

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri May 14, 2021 9:40 pm

+1 you hit good quality material WAY to easily and way to quickly. Would love to see q100+ roadblocked by like level 4 or even greater, of a mine, and see only q15ish stone and ore found on level 1 and yeah it's odd that a node would give different values, what should happen is most nodes give off a similar range of quality usually low, depending on the level they are on, and then EXCEDINGLY rarely there will be a fantastic node for the level its on.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Ag_Revol » Sat May 15, 2021 1:08 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:+1 you hit good quality material WAY to easily and way to quickly. Would love to see q100+ roadblocked by like level 4 or even greater, of a mine, and see only q15ish stone and ore found on level 1 and yeah it's odd that a node would give different values, what should happen is most nodes give off a similar range of quality usually low, depending on the level they are on, and then EXCEDINGLY rarely there will be a fantastic node for the level its on.

When your lvl 3 ore is better than lvl 4-6 you kinda feel like something is broken
Make Kebabs Great Again!
W6-8 - Hermit
W9 - Amish Paradise
W10 - Amish Paradise then Hermit
W11 - A.D.
W12 - Lawspeaker of Avalon
W13 - Konung of Norsca
W14 - Konung of Norsca
Ag_Revol

Re: Ore quality variance is too wide

Postby Makzul78 » Sat May 15, 2021 9:45 pm

Both were harvested from one tile
jorb wrote:Inb4 red bounding boxes, movement indication vectors, &c&c. Bye art, hello matrix, tru pvp4lyfe #winning.
Makzul78

Postby The_Lich_King » Sat May 15, 2021 10:02 pm

Ag_Revol wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:+1 you hit good quality material WAY to easily and way to quickly. Would love to see q100+ roadblocked by like level 4 or even greater, of a mine, and see only q15ish stone and ore found on level 1 and yeah it's odd that a node would give different values, what should happen is most nodes give off a similar range of quality usually low, depending on the level they are on, and then EXCEDINGLY rarely there will be a fantastic node for the level its on.

When your lvl 3 ore is better than lvl 4-6 you kinda feel like something is broken

Not as broken as harvesting 2 ores with a 100q different from the same tile, also the reason i added the rare chance is because i am a huge fan of there being really rare veins of resource of high quality, and honestly as long as there isn't a precident for higher lvl being better than lower i don't see alot of issue, but regardless of that, we absolutely need to end the random ore qualities from the same tile.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby bmjclark » Sat May 15, 2021 10:06 pm

+1. I honestly don't know why there's any variance on single tiles. If a tile gives q65 ore on average, it should just give straight q65 ore. If it has to vary it should be by like 5-10% not 100%. Having to sort your ore because some is q110 and some is q200 is not fun
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun May 16, 2021 4:53 am

Imagine that it was even worse almost exactly a year ago. viewtopic.php?f=39&t=68529
DDDsDD999

Postby Undefined » Tue May 18, 2021 11:41 am

I agree just as I have for years, massive quality variance like this is just hugely annoying and requires spending lots of tedious time sorting through stockpiles to optimize smelting strategy.
Undefined

Return to Critique & Ideas