Mine Support Repair = Ugh

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Mine Support Repair = Ugh

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat May 15, 2021 10:40 am

basically, if there was some kind of post-deep artifice skill that costed like 500k+++ LP or a post-miner credo that included a bonus that allowed us to construct supports out only rock and repair them out of only rock I would bee-line for this.

Having a metal sink like supports isn't necessarily terrible or "costly," this is just a pure convenience thing. Cutting logs or carrying nuggets to repair shit as a miner is pretty annoying. I would pay handsomely to be able to build a support I can repair with rocks.

Alternatively, maybe some kind of beltable bag that holds nuggets????
Zentetsuken

Re: Mine Support Repair = Ugh

Postby Archiplex » Sat May 15, 2021 12:21 pm

i just wish i could carry more, yeah. would be kinda cool if nuggets were a stackable item like coins and stacked up to 10 instead
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Sevenless » Sat May 15, 2021 2:50 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:basically, if there was some kind of post-deep artifice skill that costed like 500k+++ LP or a post-miner credo that included a bonus that allowed us to construct supports out only rock and repair them out of only rock I would bee-line for this.

Having a metal sink like supports isn't necessarily terrible or "costly," this is just a pure convenience thing. Cutting logs or carrying nuggets to repair shit as a miner is pretty annoying. I would pay handsomely to be able to build a support I can repair with rocks.

Alternatively, maybe some kind of beltable bag that holds nuggets????

Nuggets as a liquid when?

I don't think nugget inventory space consumption ala mining is super important for the game, and the few curios it's involved in are just silly crafts already. Why not just have piles of nuggets in your inventory instead? 1 bar > 1kg of nuggets in 1 tile or something.

Bring on the nugget barrel!
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Massa » Sat May 15, 2021 3:47 pm

Or we could just remove the need to repair supports because it was a needless change to begin with. Ultimately it's not that big of a deal, just a bit annoying and pointless.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Sevenless » Sat May 15, 2021 3:57 pm

Massa wrote:Or we could just remove the need to repair supports because it was a needless change to begin with. Ultimately it's not that big of a deal, just a bit annoying and pointless.

Both? Both. Both is good.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Massa » Sat May 15, 2021 4:13 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Massa wrote:Or we could just remove the need to repair supports because it was a needless change to begin with. Ultimately it's not that big of a deal, just a bit annoying and pointless.

Both? Both. Both is good.

Yes.

I'll make the call to Jorb, we'll get it done right away.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Archiplex » Sat May 15, 2021 4:37 pm

its actually really epic especially when it causes a cavein while you're already under another support Image
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun May 16, 2021 9:13 am

Sevenless wrote:
Nuggets as a liquid when?

I don't think nugget inventory space consumption ala mining is super important for the game, and the few curios it's involved in are just silly crafts already. Why not just have piles of nuggets in your inventory instead? 1 bar > 1kg of nuggets in 1 tile or something.

Bring on the nugget barrel!

Honestly, nugget buckets would be a baby step in the right direction but still kinda annoying.
Zentetsuken

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:16 am

Why did this need to get added. It's so pointless yet annoying.
DDDsDD999

Postby Zepar72 » Sun May 16, 2021 3:02 pm

When supports were hugely nerfed, everyone cried and it got reworked, as "not everyone wants to play minesweeper".
Now it's pretty much free to mine undefinied ammount of rock, looking how cheap supports are, people cry as "nobody wants to take nuggets / wood (that actually GROWS underground) with them to repair".
Will the next step be "nobody wants to deal with supports, remove cave-ins"?
After that let's go with "Mining isn't fun, make caves just empty places with ore lying around" ?
Then let's remove the whole coal + smelting stuff, cuz it's a bother too . . Why can't we mine metal bars?
Zepar72

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas