Yet another thread about re-adding Kaka's amazing music

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Yet another thread about re-adding Kaka's amazing music

Postby linkfanpc » Mon May 17, 2021 4:10 pm

I do really really love the bits of chanting and the clip of Symbel, but i would give anything for chr and cave to be back strictly for nostalgia.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby VDZ » Mon May 17, 2021 5:55 pm

WowGain wrote:
loftar wrote:snip

pull a monkey island and have a base theme that gets modulated based on location (general outdoors soundtracks, modified by the sort of terrain you're in)

A lot of games have this (haven't played the Monkey Island games, but you're implying they change one layer depending on location? Other games have simply different versions of the same tune for different locations).
For example, certain Atelier games have a 'travel theme' with certain locations having a variation of the travel theme as BGM. For Atelier Totori,
this music plays in certain forest areas,
this music plays in certain ruins,
and this music plays on some islands you visit.
They're all recognizably the same track and as such fit together, but they sound very different and give each location is appropriate atmosphere. (This is the 'normal' version of the theme, played on the world map.)
VDZ

Postby Smoopadoop » Sun May 30, 2021 12:00 pm

WowGain wrote:pull a monkey island and have a base theme that gets modulated based on location (general outdoors soundtracks, modified by the sort of terrain you're in)

+1, i think this could be done really well
MODS ARE ASLEEP POST SMALL BART
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Smoopadoop

Postby Reiber » Sun May 30, 2021 3:17 pm

+1 i like the new music also, some yodeling in the background, or 2-3 lines from herr maneling as you ride through the forrest, but i miss the house fishing and main menue musics from kaka, an fishingsoundtrackk would actually be nice,
Reiber

Postby Smoopadoop » Mon May 31, 2021 4:37 am

Reiber wrote:+1 i like the new music also, some yodeling in the background, or 2-3 lines from herr maneling as you ride through the forrest, but i miss the house fishing and main menue musics from kaka, an fishingsoundtrackk would actually be nice,

I love these too, hopefully they'd be interspersed between the full songs and/or as layers within the monkey-island-esque music idea
MODS ARE ASLEEP POST SMALL BART
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Smoopadoop

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas