Tobacco Sink

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Tobacco Sink

Postby Karede » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:59 pm

Also, if you've got too much pipeweed, farm less pipeweed. You don't need a massive farm to keep quality going up. Cigars and cigar boxes already use up excess leaves pretty well.
Karede

Postby Lalaxx » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:36 am

Lalaxx

Postby Vassteel » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:42 pm

Cigars and cigar boxes are a pretty good tobacco sink. you need x16 tobacco leaves for one cigar box.
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby Vassteel » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:42 pm

Bring back boar tusk snuff.
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:34 pm

the problem is that the existing sinks either require materials that you normally wouldn't want to waste and are gated behind the excruciatingly long drying time

green pigment takes bone glue, so in order to make good q pigment for eggs or some shit, you have to use high q bones which is dumb

cigar boxes take forever to mass produce and are not even that good at lower q for a curio that takes so much work to make as well as wax which I'm sure has much better uses

it seems that all other farmable stuff just has way more utility that takes way less effort
Zentetsuken

Postby SavageFox » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:43 am

it's time for you to do some quality control go through the leaves and find which ones are good and which ones are bad and throw the bad ones away there's no point of hoarding thousands of trash
another option is reducing your production cut your farm and a half for your tobacco or find some noobs or other people that want it or go ahead and make 100 of those tables then also make a sign out front says welcome to lung cancer
I personally never use tobacco I choose to sleep off my travel weariness it's easier to make a higher quality bed than it is to make higher quality tobacco :lol:
SavageFox

Postby ErdTod » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:36 am

Also a good point - smoking tobacco, which should be it's primarily use, isn't big of a deal. Smoke it to max in one session and you get like 1 travel worth of TW back... Not much of a gain...
ErdTod

Postby WowGain » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:50 am

ErdTod wrote:Also a good point - smoking tobacco, which should be it's primarily use, isn't big of a deal. Smoke it to max in one session and you get like 1 travel worth of TW back... Not much of a gain...

try smoking it from a hookah or a bullpipe and youll see that change fast
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Reiber » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:26 am

Zentetsuken wrote:There needs to be more uses for tobacco leafs because they pile up more than anything else on a farm.

Either let us put them in a trough or add some more use for them, maybe as a cooking leaf or a medicine or dramatically decrease the drying time, or allow them to be dried on drying racks.

I kinda doubt anybody is mass producing quality herbalist tables just to cycle through their backlogs of tobacco.

i´d enjoy faster dryingtimes, or dryingframe drying, ngl, i basically smoke an cigar 24/7 just for the lulz, and the only thing holding me back is the need for countless high q dryingframes being unusable due to 32houres of drying,

yet i do not know how far the exp cost of cigars, or the wax requirement of cigarboxes manage to balance out the fact that they are relatively easy to produce and spaceefficent curios, for bigger villages,
Reiber

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas