Looking for animals is tedius/boring

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Looking for animals is tedius/boring

Postby noindyfikator » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:11 pm

I've just gone for hunting (bear/moose/deer). I am walking for 1h, so far 1 bear. Already feeling a bit sleepy. Walking walking walking..

Possible solution:
Smaller map and higher animal spawn rate. Forest is so empty :(
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Re: Looking for animals is tedius/boring

Postby WowGain » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:34 pm

Stick near naturally spawned trails, animals spawn more frequently around them.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby maze » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:00 pm

Hunting in the wrong spots I would say. it takes me 1 hour to bring back 60-80 animals.
But then you'll be like me and call butchering tedius and boring. lol
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby The_Lich_King » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:45 pm

noindyfikator wrote:I've just gone for hunting (bear/moose/deer). I am walking for 1h, so far 1 bear. Already feeling a bit sleepy. Walking walking walking..

Possible solution:
Smaller map and higher animal spawn rate. Forest is so empty :(

This isn't a solution. It would make the server laggier and worse it would make it so players are even more cramped together and likely to fight over basic resources.

A better solution would be to allow someone to go tracking for a specific animal. Turn on the tracking menu and then maybe have a menu with animals you want to track. If they are out of season or their are none near you, it will say so and you have to move further until you are near one that is presently spawned in which case you begin tracking it... It would add a slight depth of realism and would be functional and most importantly wouldn't break the game like Smaller Map.

Alternatively we could have an animal spawn the moment you begin tracking for it, a certain distance away (maybe even a very large distance away for a long track) so it's not based on hunting for currently spawned animals.

On the note of forests being empty.... i would describe them as pretty overbloated considering the number of forageables and animals on literally every tile. It's rare to run into forest without a shitload of stuff on it.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby shubla » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:08 pm

99% of things to do in this game are tedious/boring.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby The_Lich_King » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:36 pm

shubla wrote:99% of things to do in this game are tedious/boring.

This is true the actual manual part of this game is boring and the excitement is from finishing said boring task. I.E. I was very excited to build my Snekkja but the actual process of getting the materials was extremely tedious.

I think adding tracking animals would fit with this model quite well... tracking them would be mundane and tedious but once you find them so you can kill them, you get the excitement in a finished process... I just really hate how there is such lack of player input on finding animals.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby SavageFox » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:37 pm

if there's a lot of different variety of biomes nearby you you're more likely to find more animals have noticed if it's one big giant biome some reason they're scarce
Bears and the big cats are kind of scares cuz they only really show up in the forest boars are probably the most plentiful annoying animal you'll encounter so you'll have a lot of bacon on your menu :lol:
SavageFox

Return to Critique & Ideas