Scholar quests should have a limit on duration

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Scholar quests should have a limit on duration

Postby Tamalak » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:45 pm

Take a good hard look at the picture on the scholar credo and then act surprised when it takes a long time to do.
Tamalak

Postby Kamekono » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:41 pm

Considering how strong Scholar is as a credo, I don't think reducing the time it takes to get it would be good.
Kamekono

Postby Pills » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:15 pm

Kamekono wrote:Considering how strong Scholar is as a credo, I don't think reducing the time it takes to get it would be good.

Scholar was nerfed last world.
Pills

Postby mulamishne » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:38 pm

Kamekono wrote:Considering how strong Scholar is as a credo, I don't think reducing the time it takes to get it would be good.

Scholar as an end game credo for high end players, (pvp community, late game grinders, etc) just isn't worth it with the equalization change, and the fact you only need up to a certain amount of LP for skills before it becomes close to useless.

synntax33 wrote: I usually quit at cows, or any livestock even.

If you're quitting at cows, have never made steel or even wrought, then why do you have an opinion on a tier 5 credo? If your complaint is that you aren't able to keep up on the real life time investment, then why wouldn't you want a cap on scholar credo study time?

Vantri wrote:If studying a curiosity takes ages, Ageless Ice or Abyssal Insight might be applied. Acquiring both or any is really fun game mechanic.
On the side note, credos are not mandatory for survival.

Credos aren't mandatory, but they shouldn't be content that exists to make you miserable. As is I see it right now Scholar is an actually useless credo that traps people in it for months at a time.

Scholar in it's current state feels like a trap because by the time you are done with it, people have reached the LP required for their crafters, equalization has made it so fighters are evened out, and casual players won't be able to finish it because of the very esoteric curios the credo demands.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby MadNomad » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:47 pm

Tamalak wrote:Take a good hard look at the picture on the scholar credo and then act surprised when it takes a long time to do.

exactly - he has a lot of books, so he must have spent a lot of time studying them

of course it should be time consuming to become a scholar
MadNomad

Postby synntax33 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:25 am

mulamishne wrote:
synntax33 wrote: I usually quit at cows, or any livestock even

If you're quitting at cows, have never made steel or even wrought, then why do you have an opinion on a tier 5 credo? If your complaint is that you aren't able to keep up on the real life time investment, then why wouldn't you want a cap on scholar credo study time?

No complaint, just perspective. If you are a player burning through the entire games content in three months, and the critique is concerning the length of time a credo takes, then perhaps, as I suggested, you should try other aspects to pass the time and not just quit from boredom. OP stated he doesn't care for much other parts than the role he already fulfills, so that's done. I brought cows up because that is the actual part of the game that makes me stop playing, the fact that its now a chore, not something that can be put aside for awhile. I thought it was relative to the topic, I suppose.
synntax33

Postby Ceigo » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:37 am

This thread reminds me of the meme with a guy holding a stick while riding a bike...
Ceigo

Postby Kamekono » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:59 pm

Pills wrote:

Scholar was nerfed last world.

Sure, the also greatly reduce the amount of quests you need to do to get it though. So...
Kamekono

Postby SavageFox » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:24 am

I think the fishing Credo is probably the worst

fishing you have to fish at a certain lunar cycle certain time of day use a certain type of bait and hope you get the fish you need you also have the fish underground and above ground and the ocean
SavageFox

Postby Pills » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:34 pm

synntax33 wrote: If you are a player burning through the entire games content in three months

If you haven't burnt played through the majority of the games content in the first three months then either you aren't really playing haven or you've probably already been raided due to inactivity tbh.

the majority of tasks in this game become chores from the 2nd or 3rd time you have to deal with it.

mulamishne wrote:Scholar in it's current state feels like a trap because by the time you are done with it, people have reached the LP required for their crafters, equalization has made it so fighters are evened out, and casual players won't be able to finish it because of the very esoteric curios the credo demands.

Exactly this ^ Scholar becomes just another chore that you are trapped into, adding to the list of things you already don't want to have to deal with anymore but you must if you insist on continuing to play the game, ergo, becoming one more thing inticing you to just quit for the world.
Pills

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas