Scholar quests should have a limit on duration

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Scholar quests should have a limit on duration

Postby synntax33 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:21 pm

That's objective, everyone plays differently, so many aspects to this game to have everyone with the same goal. I play as frequently as I can or want to, I only brought myself as a counterpoint to your view of why a credo might make you feel like quitting.
synntax33

Postby Pills » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:43 pm

synntax33 wrote:That's objective, everyone plays differently, so many aspects to this game to have everyone with the same goal. I play as frequently as I can or want to, I only brought myself as a counterpoint to your view of why a credo might make you feel like quitting.

No offence but you said you quit at cows. I don't think you understand how boring the game is when you reach the point of doing scholar since you typically quit long before then.

At the end of the day the fact of the matter is people stop playing a game once they get bored and the current state of havens design is no longer built for sustaining long lasting worlds that are fun and engaging.

Right now I'm on 3/5 2/12 of scholar, its taken me 7 weeks to get there. My current quest is a 6 day quest if I don't use contemplation. Questing to gain xp is fucking boring, so it's realistically going to be 6 days. Which really means that its going to take around 80 days for me to complete scholar. There is NOTHING else in the game that I'd engaging past this point to motivate me to play. The only things to do are log in, farm, check animals, check cheese, check curiosities, log out. Credo helps give a sense of character progression and things to do to keep you engaged. Scholar completely destroys that momentum.

And yes, "every world people stop playing after 3 months the player count goes down" is a very true statement, you know what else people fucking hate? Having literally nothing to fucking do after 3 months. What a coincidence. Crazy.
Pills

Postby SavageFox » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:29 am

Pills wrote:
synntax33 wrote:That's objective, everyone plays differently, so many aspects to this game to have everyone with the same goal. I play as frequently as I can or want to, I only brought myself as a counterpoint to your view of why a credo might make you feel like quitting.

No offence but you said you quit at cows. I don't think you understand how boring the game is when you reach the point of doing scholar since you typically quit long before then.

At the end of the day the fact of the matter is people stop playing a game once they get bored and the current state of havens design is no longer built for sustaining long lasting worlds that are fun and engaging.

Right now I'm on 3/5 2/12 of scholar, its taken me 7 weeks to get there. My current quest is a 6 day quest if I don't use contemplation. Questing to gain xp is fucking boring, so it's realistically going to be 6 days. Which really means that its going to take around 80 days for me to complete scholar. There is NOTHING else in the game that I'd engaging past this point to motivate me to play. The only things to do are log in, farm, check animals, check cheese, check curiosities, log out. Credo helps give a sense of character progression and things to do to keep you engaged. Scholar completely destroys that momentum.

And yes, "every world people stop playing after 3 months the player count goes down" is a very true statement, you know what else people fucking hate? Having literally nothing to fucking do after 3 months. What a coincidence. Crazy.

scholar is passive you could definitely do something else while you're working on those study items Christ
build a second base somewhere go do some mining do some farming play the game it sounds like you just log on to study

if you can't do what I'm mentioning some reason with your character you currently have make an alt you know screw around cause Havoc Maybe do something productive

learn how to do pixel art in game or you can make a giant dick it'll give you something to do while you wait

or convince some of your friends to join you in Valhalla and practice Combat on the game
SavageFox

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:24 pm

SavageFox wrote:I think the fishing Credo is probably the worst

fishing you have to fish at a certain lunar cycle certain time of day use a certain type of bait and hope you get the fish you need you also have the fish underground and above ground and the ocean

This on a scholar credo thread is comedy
DDDsDD999

Postby ogey » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:41 pm

Do you guys not have cupboards of ageless ice and gold eggs? Smhing my head.
ogey

Postby SavageFox » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:13 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:
SavageFox wrote:I think the fishing Credo is probably the worst

fishing you have to fish at a certain lunar cycle certain time of day use a certain type of bait and hope you get the fish you need you also have the fish underground and above ground and the ocean

This on a scholar credo thread is comedy

I said it was one of the worst credos to do but I didn't hate doing it
SavageFox

Postby Pills » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:23 pm

Bump.

Just hit the 80 day mark (i think, if not close to it) and i'm at 4/5 11/12.

Scholar takes far too long. Anybody who actually things this is an acceptable time frame to complete a questline in this game is nothing more than a sociopath in my opinion.
Pills

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas