easier palisade repair

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

easier palisade repair

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:54 pm

I don't remember why palisades have a cooldown on repairing, probably a bandaid fix to an issue with a previous siege system. Either way, I think it could be cool if you could repair them with multiple blocks per cooldown. For example if you've 1 block in your inventory it uses that one block, repairs 250 damage, then the repair cooldown begins. If you've 2 or more blocks in your inventory, it uses them to repair the wall sequentially with the same player action before the cooldown begins whenever the repair action ends.

Minor, but it'd be nice to not have to use a bot to click on every wall segment to tell what's been damage every few hours and instead just repair it al at once, while maintaining the only repair once at a time functionality that's already there if it's important for something.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Re: easier palisade repair

Postby SavageFox » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:30 am

sorry if I'm being mr. obvious but extend your claim over them then you won't have to repair them if it's possible you should do that and yeah that mechanic is crap

but at the same time I don't think it's going to go anywhere sadly
SavageFox

Postby stya » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:00 pm

It was a baindaid for repairing walls mid siege, they first added that you can't repair while they are being bashed, but then we just repaired bwalls between catapult shots and then they put a mean cooldown.
stya

Postby mvgulik » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:33 pm

This: "it'd be nice to not have to click on every single wall segment to tell what's been damage"

Not so minor in my view.
Because you can't walk around when repair mode is active. Ergo: You have to switch modes every time when you reached the end of the objects-visibility range.

Its also not helping here that wall-segments don't show as damage anymore if the damaged is less than 25% (ie: wall-segment-health above 75%)

Being able to repair multiple wall-tiles by way of selection would go a long way here I think. (auto-digging snow startup comes to mind)
(Similar as with the other automated selection cases: Ergo: A hearthling still needs to be able to walk up to a wall segment in order to repair it.)
mvgulik

Postby BoxingRock » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:03 pm

mvgulik wrote:This: "it'd be nice to not have to click on every single wall segment to tell what's been damage"

Not so minor in my view.
Because you can't walk around when repair mode is active. Ergo: You have to switch modes every time when you reached the end of the objects-visibility range.

Its also not helping here that wall-segments don't show as damage anymore if the damaged is less than 25% (ie: wall-segment-health above 75%)

Being able to repair multiple wall-tiles by way of selection would go a long way here I think. (auto-digging snow startup comes to mind)
(Similar as with the other automated selection cases: Ergo: A hearthling still needs to be able to walk up to a wall segment in order to repair it.)

I need you to understand that no part of this post is actually intelligible.

You are really, really terrible at english and the more technical and smart you try to sound the worse it gets.
Stop saying ergo. Stop adding brackets, stop using excessive punctuation.

It is not necessary at all to make posts that say "I agree," and it is CERTAINLY not necessary to make a post with 150 words in incomprehensible sentences that ultimately boil down to "I agree"

Just stop man.
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:15 pm

mvgulik wrote:Not so minor in my view.

It's minor because damaged walls have no impact on gameplay outside of triggering people with chronic perfectionism
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby mvgulik » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:52 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:

It's minor because damaged walls have no impact on gameplay outside of triggering people with chronic perfectionism

Who was it that complained about "to not have to use a bot to click on every wall segment to tell what's been damage" ?
Why are you feeling the need to click "every wall segment" if there low damage level has no impact on gameplay ?
Clearly a "The pot calling the kettle black" case.
mvgulik

Postby mulamishne » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:46 pm

mvgulik wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:

Who was it that complained about "to not have to use a bot to click on every wall segment to tell what's been damage" ?
Why are you feeling the need to click "every wall segment" if there low damage level has no impact on gameplay ?
Clearly a "The pot calling the kettle black" case.

It's minor because a wall at 1% hp keeps retards out the same as a wall with 100%. The color difference is it lmao
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby vatas » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:10 pm

I can't be sure but I was part of village whose siege prompted the current system of every wall repair triggering a cooldown, attackers built fresh wall to protect siege engines and when we tried to bash them they just spammed repair on them.

How to allow free repair of decayed palisade while preventing aforementioned (other than there already being a separate change that you can't build walls at all as a crime, that makes this non-issue on properly built base) is following:

This palisade segment has taken damage during the past X hours, and cant be repaired.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:05 pm

mulamishne wrote:It's minor because a wall at 1% hp keeps retards out the same as a wall with 100%.

Yea I got that regurgitate part, that its not even a minor but a totally none relevant thing, from the one talking about not liking to use a bot to check the wall sections.
mvgulik

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas