Dev Items Should Act as Store Hats Do

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Dev Items Should Act as Store Hats Do

Postby jordancoles » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:25 am

In that they're account-bound and cannot be stolen unless they're willingly traded. The capes and other dev items are cool novelty pieces but they are never seen because they're always stored in the players' hearthfire for safety. I think that the dev items should work similarly to the store hats where they disappear if someone other than the account owner tries take it.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Re: Dev Items Should Act as Store Hats Do

Postby vatas » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:15 am

I think Dev capes were changed to this, but not retroactively, and certain person has been, on occasion, been quite salty about their cape they earned before this change.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby jordancoles » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:42 am

vatas wrote:I think Dev capes were changed to this, but not retroactively, and certain person has been, on occasion, been quite salty about their cape they earned before this change.

As far as I know the dev capes aren't protected from theft
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby cherryquartz » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:24 pm

vatas wrote:I think Dev capes were changed to this, but not retroactively, and certain person has been, on occasion, been quite salty about their cape they earned before this change.

They are still able to be stolen, just tested it.
cherryquartz

Postby AtoB » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:08 pm

jordancoles wrote:In that they're account-bound and cannot be stolen unless they're willingly traded. The capes and other dev items are cool novelty pieces but they are never seen because they're always stored in the players' hearthfire for safety. I think that the dev items should work similarly to the store hats where they disappear if someone other than the account owner tries take it.

One of the biggest wrongdoers in this game asks for putting a limit on his ability to do wrong...
AtoB

Postby Fostik » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:16 pm

TL;DR I've stole dev cape 2 years ago, now I want it to become mine forever.

There are some players that has stolen dev capes, this change would cause some complaints.
If all capes get returned to owners they were given, then thiefs will cry.
If all capes become account based, then people who got awarded with them earlier and cape got stolen will be deprived
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:04 pm

dev items suck ass. just remove them and make them an in game item, I know jorb has a BUNCH of dev items that we cant craft that are pretty stylish.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Return to Critique & Ideas