Who here wants to breed squirrels & rats?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Who here wants to breed squirrels & rats?

Postby LordNanfoodle » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:46 pm

I think a good idea would be that since we have similar things for raising up chickens, rabbits, and doves, why not add in a squirrel pen and/or a rat den so we can nurture high quality tasty squirrels what with their cute tails and/or rats with their necessary protein and exciting plague taste? It can use a similar food & water system to chicken coops and rabbit hutches, and unless Jorb wanted to add special graphics for male and female squirrels/rats, all that'd need to be added is baby squirrels &rats and pretty blood splats they make when you squish one.

...Besides, I'm all ready and hoping to raise squirrels. I got a cupboard full of squirrels in my basement lying in wait!! :twisted:
Known in a different time as Jeebus.
LordNanfoodle

Re: Who here wants to breed squirrels & rats?

Postby JinxDevona » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:53 pm

+1 Um maybe not the rats but I'd love to breed anything and everything personally. Include moles, hedgehogs, stouts, etc. I would even go so far as to have to have a different home for each of them if it meant breeding them. We could breed bugs, birds, and other smaller animals like foxes, lynxes, etc. Just add one every once in a while with a habitat and I'd be very pleased.
Sorry for the less common point of view, but it is the only one I have ;P
JinxDevona

Postby jordancoles » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:01 pm

IMO it would be cool if rats would slowly eat any food items they're stored in a container with, and when they eat, they would raise 1 q point similar to have leeches work (assuming the food item is at least 1q higher than the rat)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby WowGain » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:10 am

jordancoles wrote:IMO it would be cool if rats would slowly eat any food items they're stored in a container with, and when they eat, they would raise 1 q point similar to have leeches work (assuming the food item is at least 1q higher than the rat)

+1 to this implementation specifically for rodent Q increasing
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby JinxDevona » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:57 pm

jordancoles wrote:IMO it would be cool if rats would slowly eat any food items they're stored in a container with, and when they eat, they would raise 1 q point similar to have leeches work (assuming the food item is at least 1q higher than the rat)

+1 Would make rats more desirable
JinxDevona

Postby iamahh » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:43 pm

fish farming has lots of potential, lots of species already in-game

add tanks and water pipes for oxygen input, the more oxygen the bigger the fish, more meat, and food input would affect fish quality
iamahh

Postby JinxDevona » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:28 pm

iamahh wrote:fish farming has lots of potential, lots of species already in-game

add tanks and water pipes for oxygen input, the more oxygen the bigger the fish, more meat, and food input would affect fish quality

+1 love the fish farming. I love the pipes and oxygen ideas. If need simplicity, it can even be done by have small (for houses) and large (like ponds) tanks that you fill with water and top it off when it starts going down (like cauldrons). Can feed them from "any baits."
JinxDevona

Postby dafels » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:17 pm

I support this idea only if there is a slight chance of rat infestation happening and chewing everything making all the objects decay in 100 tile radius
dafels

Postby LordNanfoodle » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:21 am

dafels wrote:I support this idea only if there is a slight chance of rat infestation happening and chewing everything making all the objects decay in 100 tile radius

That sounds like a good idea there.

Personally, I wouldn't mind being able raise up high quality rats because Rat on a Stick is a surprisingly good energy food, but with high enough Q rats, it could be a decent Will food as well. Moreover though, I'm far more of a fan of the idea of raising high quality squirrels, in part for the fact many of the foodstuffs that use squirrel meat end up buffing Intelligence, but also I wouldn't mind curating high quality squirrel tails for curios.

...Also, who here hasn't wanted to walk around like a crazy hobo and just yeet high quality squirrels at strangers? :D
Known in a different time as Jeebus.
LordNanfoodle

Return to Critique & Ideas