random ideas

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

random ideas

Postby JinxDevona » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:35 am

~Could make a "Grand List of Simple Ideas" like the one for How Do I?
~Maybe at 50% we can transport boulders with wheelbarrows
~Could have more clay objects like rectangle garden pots that could fit 2-3 gardening objects or even crops since we have a few flower crops or bigger gardening pots to put bushes in or plant trees that get stunted at a certain % so they are smaller
~Potatoes please :D
~It might be too much coding to be worth it but when you open a stack menu and hover it says rocks or whatever, can it read the type of rock or object so we don't have to pick it up to see what it is
~Long braid hair unisexed
~More breeding options
~When you have a tree sprout that cannot be planted as normal (like mound, poppycaps, etc) can we have a little tip telling us where to plant it (*I have two mound tree sprouts and have no idea where they go...lol. Found their seeds while scavenging. I tried both types of cave grasses. The wiki nor forums say.*)
Last edited by JinxDevona on Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Sorry for the less common point of view, but it is the only one I have ;P
JinxDevona

Re: random ideas

Postby LordNanfoodle » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:59 am

I had a few ideas myself:

• Being able to use pigments as hair dye at a wardrobe.
  • More recipes for nuts like walnuts, carob pods, etc. Maybe possibly add nut butter, nut-based pies, and maybe a clever squirrel themed dish that uses squirrel meat and nuts together?
  • If you could kindly, maybe some pecans?
  • As I said in a different topic, breedable squirrels. To add to this, maybe a unique squirrel sausage?
  • Special "Worksman's Gloves," kind of a step up from Poor Man's Gloves, made with hardened leather and finer plant fibers, that isn't quite armor, but makes you effectively immune to hedgehog quills and jellyfish stings, and increases crafting and mining speeds by 2.5% at Q10, 5% at Q40, 7.5% at Q90, 10% at Q160, etc.
  • Ways to check the quality of limited resources, such as Ancient Roots and Heartwood Leaves, without having to harvest them first, and maybe also a Hearth Magic akin to the one that increases well Q that one can use to up the quality of limited resources by about 2-5 points a use, maybe cost 20,000 XP like the well one.
  • More fun stuff to do with lemons, like being able to use it as it basically like a spice/sweetener (optional ingredient) in making tea, to make lemon chicken, and to make invisible ink (one would have to use a candle on the parchment and/or we could add specially tinted spectacles [Rose-Colored Lens] to see what is on it), among other things. I just like lemons. :D
Known in a different time as Jeebus.
LordNanfoodle

Postby JinxDevona » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:34 pm

LordNanfoodle wrote:I had a few ideas myself:

• Being able to use pigments as hair dye at a wardrobe.
  • More recipes for nuts like walnuts, carob pods, etc. Maybe possibly add nut butter, nut-based pies, and maybe a clever squirrel themed dish that uses squirrel meat and nuts together?
  • If you could kindly, maybe some pecans?
  • As I said in a different topic, breedable squirrels. To add to this, maybe a unique squirrel sausage?
  • Special "Worksman's Gloves," kind of a step up from Poor Man's Gloves, made with hardened leather and finer plant fibers, that isn't quite armor, but makes you effectively immune to hedgehog quills and jellyfish stings, and increases crafting and mining speeds by 2.5% at Q10, 5% at Q40, 7.5% at Q90, 10% at Q160, etc.
  • Ways to check the quality of limited resources, such as Ancient Roots and Heartwood Leaves, without having to harvest them first, and maybe also a Hearth Magic akin to the one that increases well Q that one can use to up the quality of limited resources by about 2-5 points a use, maybe cost 20,000 XP like the well one.
  • More fun stuff to do with lemons, like being able to use it as it basically like a spice/sweetener (optional ingredient) in making tea, to make lemon chicken, and to make invisible ink (one would have to use a candle on the parchment and/or we could add specially tinted spectacles [Rose-Colored Lens] to see what is on it), among other things. I just like lemons. :D
+1 to all of these. Also, could have lemon pepper chicken. We need the Workman's Gloves. Really great ideas.
JinxDevona

Postby SavageFox » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:07 am

being able to use a magnifying glass on a gardening pots to see how long it has left for the plant to grow inside it would be nice

use pigments on containers so you can mark the containers for a certain purpose by color

a journal in the game so you can write down the recipes and stuff for Alchemy and game you can share with your friends and stuff

a feature to ignore people annoying you in realm chat

some new vegetables to grow

be able to use sketches on beds to change the blankets

an indoors version for the oven and smelter and kilm
SavageFox

Postby JinxDevona » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:54 pm

SavageFox wrote:-being able to use a magnifying glass on a gardening pots to see how long it has left for the plant to grow inside it would be nice
-use pigments on containers so you can mark the containers for a certain purpose by color
-a journal in the game so you can write down the recipes and stuff for Alchemy and game you can share with your friends and stuff
-a feature to ignore people annoying you in realm chat
-some new vegetables to grow
-be able to use sketches on beds to change the blankets
-an indoors version for the oven and smelter and kiln

Great ideas. Love the images on bed sheets idea (or the pillows?) I don't know about a smelter type indoors (maybe something in the windmill) but the kiln/oven indoors could be a nice fireplace (like in Salem sort of.)
JinxDevona

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:21 am

JinxDevona wrote:~Could make a "Grand List of Simple Ideas" like the one for How Do I?

Jorb has asked for ideas, even if they're simple, to get a thread of their own.

JinxDevona wrote:~Potatoes please

He's also asked for folks to try to find similar, if not the same concept that has been posted before.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Critique & Ideas