When will java 16 work with HnH?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

When will java 16 work with HnH?

Postby Nightmarenight » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:53 pm

Just asking.
Nightmarenight

Re: When will java 16 work with HnH?

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:59 pm

Fundamentally, I think you'll have to ask the JOGL devs that question. That said, I guess I should look into whether there exists some sort of workaround that I can tack onto the end of the current chain of hacks.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby SavageFox » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:23 pm

loftar wrote:Fundamentally, I think you'll have to ask the JOGL devs that question. That said, I guess I should look into whether there exists some sort of workaround that I can tack onto the end of the current chain of hacks.

eventually you're going to probably have to use a different engine but I hope you can carry this on as long as possible though regardless
SavageFox

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:17 pm

loftar wrote:Fundamentally, I think you'll have to ask the JOGL devs that question. That said, I guess I should look into whether there exists some sort of workaround that I can tack onto the end of the current chain of hacks.

Workaround my group started using was distributing a copy of Java 15 inside the client and a modified .bat file that pointed to that install specifically.

Is that legal/possible with the default client? Only solution we came up with that worked (without personal trouble shooting) for non-tech savvy players.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Return to Critique & Ideas