Realm tributary system.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Realm tributary system.

Postby Regnurr » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:37 pm

Ever wanted to have a realm take a more pro-active approach to policing inside its borders? Add a realm tributary system, people with claims within the realm have an actual tax to pay, this could be placed in a special coffer for collection which confirms the claim's placement. Realm owners might have an interface that shows which claims have paid and who hasn't. This system should also come with a protection 'guarantee' depending on the character of the ruler, for example:

You as a citizen pay taxes and in return a significant portion of that budget is spent on the public services of the police, and in greater danger, the military (irl, it's questionable how much you should be spending here and other politics but :D).

These people are expected to enforce the order of their realm, and claims should have a warning system that tells the realm owner that they have obtained scents or a criminal act transpired to investigate. To make it easier, let's just say it magicked its way or got to them by carrier pidgeon, either way, this gives people a sense of security if the realm owner can protect the realm for real.

This could be addressed ingame by players themselves managing this kinda thing but a more official, secure, and automated system for taxes seems ideal.
Regnurr

Re: Realm tributary system.

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:05 pm

surely another needlessly intrusive/complex system suggested by an inexperienced/bad player with unenforceable rules and assumes/requires the best case for player behavior while trying to erode the game's sandbox nature by limiting player freedom will make things better

"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Sephiron » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:59 pm

I almost have to agree with ss on this one. Although I like the idea, if you're going to add features in the game that only encourage one style of play, there needs to be more incentives for the other styles. Why would anyone spend the time to bash walls (could take even more than a day including preparation) if they're just going to get tracked down by 36 people overnight? Criminal acts have their own place in the game too, and if we're discouraging them then it's not so much of a sandbox anymore. Definitely if you want to get a bunch of your friends together to track criminals then do it. Otherwise, we do have Nidbanes already
Sephiron

Postby MadNomad » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:23 pm

Sephiron wrote:we do have Nidbanes

those are useless unless someone does not log in in time
MadNomad

Postby Regnurr » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:01 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:surely another needlessly intrusive/complex system suggested by an inexperienced/bad player with unenforceable rules and assumes/requires the best case for player behavior while trying to erode the game's sandbox nature by limiting player freedom will make things better

Yet another comment by a bad player about someone else's skill. Keep on pretending your comments about the game not being advantaged to subscribers don't show your age.

Sephiron wrote:I almost have to agree with ss on this one. Although I like the idea, if you're going to add features in the game that only encourage one style of play, there needs to be more incentives for the other styles. Why would anyone spend the time to bash walls (could take even more than a day including preparation) if they're just going to get tracked down by 36 people overnight? Criminal acts have their own place in the game too, and if we're discouraging them then it's not so much of a sandbox anymore. Definitely if you want to get a bunch of your friends together to track criminals then do it. Otherwise, we do have Nidbanes already

If you don't want to risk a realm attacking you for harassing it's tax payers, make your own realm and go to war with it, don't mess with the realm (incentivizes players to be in one), or die. It's realistic.
Regnurr

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:23 pm

Regnurr wrote:Yet another comment by a bad player about someone else's skill.

It's not a question of skill, it's more a game knowledge thing and it's blatant from almost all of your posts that you haven't been involved in the things you're commenting on at even a trivial level.

I personally don't mind overly confident people talking about things they don't really know about, but there's just something so abhorrent about the kind of person that would have no significant experience with something whatsoever and still try to make arguments for people to spend(waste) their time changing it and actively make things worse.

Like, would you give somebody the wrong directions IRL if you didn't know the way just to, like, seem like you know? Be seen? Feel relevant? I'll honestly never understand it, but there's an obscene number of people like you that end up on game forums
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby Regnurr » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:31 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
Regnurr wrote:Yet another comment by a bad player about someone else's skill.

It's not a question of skill, it's more a game knowledge thing and it's blatant from almost all of your posts that you haven't been involved in the things you're commenting on at even a trivial level.

I personally don't mind overly confident people talking about things they don't really know about, but there's just something so abhorrent about the kind of person that would have no significant experience with something whatsoever and still try to make arguments for people to spend(waste) their time changing it and actively make things worse.

Like, would you give somebody the wrong directions IRL if you didn't know the way just to, like, seem like you know? Be seen? Feel relevant? I'll honestly never understand it, but there's an obscene number of people like you that end up on game forums

I literally have more game knowledge than you on the points you'd disputed in the past, and you commonly get clowned on by people who frankly know better than you, see your comments in Cole's thread. That you are dying on the hill of the game not being about stat walling people and acting like it doesn't massively advantage premium players is just proof of the fact you have no idea what you're talking about as usual.
Regnurr

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:33 pm

r u pranking me rn
SnuggleSnail

Postby Regnurr » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:46 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:r u pranking me rn

No, you're genuinely like this.

Stop resorting to ad hominem fallacies against me, especially when I know you're wrong and you get made to look like a fool by someone who is an apparent newbie.
Regnurr

Postby jordancoles » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:45 am

MadNomad wrote:
Sephiron wrote:we do have Nidbanes

those are useless unless someone does not log in in time

They're still useless. They aren't able to kill anymore unless you're already low hp to begin with. They will KO you and despawn. If you send more than one they attack one at a time, and if the 1st out of the 5 KOs you due to being AFK, the other 4 will despawn with it.

Nidbanes are pointless.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas