Palisade deconstruction for owners.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Palisade deconstruction for owners.

Postby Regnurr » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:53 pm

Currently you need to build a siege engine just to expand your palisade if you end up reaching a point where you've outgrown your previous base size, this is inconvenient. If you own the claim, and you can access the palisade's interior, maybe a mechanic could be used to decon palisades from the village side.

This could work by creating inner and outer directions for palisade walls or it could just be claim based.

Possible issue of that is RP related, if someone can dig up their own palisade why wouldn't anyone be able to dig it up? (The answer is game convenience).
Regnurr

Re: Palisade deconstruction for owners.

Postby mvgulik » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:02 pm

Regnurr wrote:Currently you need to build a siege engine just to expand your palisade if you end up reaching a point where you've outgrown your previous base size, this is inconvenient.

Last I checked you just needed a unsealed cornerpost to expand your palisade. (regular players probably already plan there initial wall-setup, while taking in account potential future expansion)
You only needs one, although more works better, wrecking ball(s) to get rid of the wall/gate parts you don't want or need anymore. (sure, it might take some time. But if planned properly its works pretty well)

If one could get rid of one own walls with ease ... it probably also has some side effects on siege game-play/defense-tactics. (like new perceived inconveniences by the singeing party)
Last edited by mvgulik on Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby SavageFox » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:58 pm

you can always expand your claim further out and make a second Palisade sometimes that's more convenient than knocking down the wall

by the way you can use a sledgehammer on a palisade if it's built by you and it's part of your claim but I think you do need about 80 strength though to use it
SavageFox

Postby Kirche » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:53 pm

SavageFox wrote:by the way you can use a sledgehammer on a palisade if it's built by you and it's part of your claim but I think you do need about 80 strength though to use it

No, you can't.
Kirche

Postby jordancoles » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:23 am

SavageFox wrote:by the way you can use a sledgehammer on a palisade if it's built by you and it's part of your claim but I think you do need about 80 strength though to use it

No idea where you got that from because none of that is correct
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Return to Critique & Ideas