Let Players Hearth if KOd in Water

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Let Players Hearth if KOd in Water

Postby jordancoles » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:39 am

Bump
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:09 am

Nightdawg wrote:It's a very fun mechanic when you can not die to a 2 meters tall steel axe, which is actually intuitive to fear, but if someone breaks your boat and you have absolutely no clue about the very fun fact that you can only hearth back when knocked out on land, not on water, because nobody ever tells you this and it's literally written absolutely nowhere and you have to find it out in some way, you die.

haha fun

The only way killing someone this way to be satisfying is if they're a competent player, not a newbie. And it doesn't happen.
But having mechanics that push newbies away is good tbh.

this world some monke nerds completely outplayed some of sacraers nerds or something and took control of their knarr and drove him into deep water and forced it to break and drowned him. i imagine that felt pretty satisfying and it was kinda cool. i do get that in reality it's mostly just nabs who have no idea getting dunked though
ChildhoodObesity

Postby WowGain » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:28 pm

+1, no reason not to include this.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby VDZ » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:26 pm

Valkir wrote:I think all boats, minus a dugout should break and let the hearthling hold onto something long enough for them to hearth home before they start taking stamina damage. Allow the floating piece to move slightly, taking chip damage every few tiles.
After it gets destroyed, thats when the real stamina drain happens which can lead into below.

Still doesn't solve the issue where players break a boat, then use their own boat/snekkja/knarr to block the player from reaching the shore. Unless they can just hearth on water KO as OP suggested.
VDZ

Postby vatas » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:47 am

My suggested implementation:

*You can Hearth back while KO'd in water but you will gain debuff called "Davy Jone's Grasp" (placeholder name.)
*Davy Jone's Grasp lasts for X (balance pending) and during that time, KO in water works like it does now and you simply drown.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas