capes(and backpacks) should be meta

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

capes(and backpacks) should be meta

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:47 am

I never made a cool snail design, but some of my favorite possessions every world have been stolen capes. IMO, they're one of the cooler parts of the game - the only way you can really distinguish yourself by your player model. It's a shame that the meta is double hussars over a cape, and I think it would be rly cool to be able to attach a cape to your hussars(that you get back when it breaks).

I think the argument for doing something similar to make backpacks meta again is fairly similar. The choice is convenience/fun or meta/power, and 95% of people will choose the power option. Even if it's a really minor example of it, the ability to choose power over fun is bad because > 95% of the userbase having less fun even if it's their own fault for choosing the path of least resistance is still > 95% of people having less fun.

Also, sketchbook sales
Last edited by SnuggleSnail on Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Re: capes(and backpacks) should be meta

Postby jordancoles » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:42 am

Alternatives would be a cape cosmetic slot, or to only allow hussar wings in the backpack slot. Not sure if that's ideal, but the wings themselves offer huge benefits for their cost
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:08 pm

i think not allowing 2 hussars would be a good and simple fix for this.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Valkir » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:11 pm

wonder-ass wrote:i think not allowing 2 hussars would be a good and simple fix for this.

Agreed, I can see them only using one slot or the other

I also like the idea of a cosmetic slot for capes. Just a bit of individuality would be nice
Valkir

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:20 am

Ant wings are way better than capes, and if the only thing that changed is /just/ disabling double hussars it would likely be hussar in the backpack slot & ant wings in the cape slot for most ppl. If the goal is to make backpack/cape meta without doing anything invasive, IMO the best solution is the ability to combine capes with hussars and make the backpack slot just a backpack slot.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby SavageFox » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:33 pm

Cosmetics slots in general sound like a good idea. Even if we have to pay for them
right now I wear the best gear I have but I don't necessarily always like the look of it I would like to be able to wear my best gear but have the look I want
that's why I think cosmetic slots should be a thing

sorry if I'm hijacking this snail but I think we should go more than just the cape slot
SavageFox

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:08 am

Jorbtar pls I'm in the end game but my inventory is minuscule.
I play video games to escape the crushing reality of tininess, not be reminded of it

It is NOT an interesting choice, it is an obligation when dbl wings & and vap is giving over 100 AC more than backpack/cape/mrobe
SnuggleSnail

Postby algorithm » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:29 am

And here you are right - capes are the most beautiful thing over here.
algorithm wrote:Cape awarded? ;)

jorb wrote:Oh, for sure. Delivery 2022. ;)
algorithm

Postby DanteThanatos » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:25 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:It is NOT an interesting choice, it is an obligation when dbl wings & and vap is giving over 100 AC more than backpack/cape/mrobe

This is just bait at this point.
If I could I would heal and help people, but in this realm I can't...Wait...elixirs? *Dons Plague Doctor mask*
W5: Hermit // W6: Hermit // W7: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W8: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W9: Emerald City // W10: Hermit // W11-12: Absent // W13: ...
DanteThanatos

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:51 am

just off topic, but I find it absolutely interesting how you spend so much time in this game, but didn't bother to do nomad.

But on topic, it's really depressing when the only difference we have at this stage is the hats, when all of the cool looking different clothes are available.

Maybe add cosmetic slots for capes/coats at least? don't care that much about the inventory space tbh, I think the problem with that lies somewhere else, and you know where.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Return to Critique & Ideas