singlepleyer or server files?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

singlepleyer or server files?

Postby kokozyabra » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:35 am

Why no any sort of singleplayer?

I dont love pvp and world death, this game really have great pve features and will be great if they do singleplayer version or give server files even if it be btp.

Just make a price about 50-100$ for single version and i think many people will buy it i know some people that left the game after world death because they dont want to start from 0.

all who love pve and solo play they will be happy if u do some sort of singleversion.

sorry for bad english, not my native.
kokozyabra

Re: singlepleyer or server files?

Postby ULGMsean » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:19 am

Because developer's vision does not intend the game to be single player.
マイルズ
ULGMsean

Postby meus » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:38 am

The game protects you too much, as it is, if you know what you're doing - playing as a hermit is the safest way to play.

I've played for ~10 years, mostly as hermit. The two cases where I was killed (not "drowned" or "starved" etc.) - one was a Bear (~world 7), one was a Mammoth (~world 10). Three times I got my walls breached by players (one was due to loooong absence and decay), and only twice people tried to kill me in my base, with no success.

Anyone that gets killed in PVP probably either asked for it, or was too lazy to hide/protect some valuables. Especially in an early world, nobody's gonna bother to chase and kill some wandering player. Late-world, you've had all the time needed to secure a base, or to prepare an escape.
meus

Postby kokozyabra » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:08 am

meus wrote:The game protects you too much, as it is, if you know what you're doing - playing as a hermit is the safest way to play.

I've played for ~10 years, mostly as hermit. The two cases where I was killed (not "drowned" or "starved" etc.) - one was a Bear (~world 7), one was a Mammoth (~world 10). Three times I got my walls breached by players (one was due to loooong absence and decay), and only twice people tried to kill me in my base, with no success.

Anyone that gets killed in PVP probably either asked for it, or was too lazy to hide/protect some valuables. Especially in an early world, nobody's gonna bother to chase and kill some wandering player. Late-world, you've had all the time needed to secure a base, or to prepare an escape.

i dont love world death i dont wanna see my base decay when i gone for a month etc. For me this game is perfect on total singleplayer or like a private server thats all i love sandbox games and this is perfect for me but i dont love mmo thats all ) i dont wanna it for free because i want support devs but i dont have a lot of time and for me this game like mmo is not playble
kokozyabra

Postby cherryquartz » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:21 pm

kokozyabra wrote:

i dont love world death i dont wanna see my base decay when i gone for a month etc. For me this game is perfect on total singleplayer or like a private server thats all i love sandbox games and this is perfect for me but i dont love mmo thats all ) i dont wanna it for free because i want support devs but i dont have a lot of time and for me this game like mmo is not playble

Play something else then. This isnt a single player game.
cherryquartz

Postby kokozyabra » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:18 pm

cherryquartz wrote:
kokozyabra wrote:

Play something else then. This isnt a single player game.

i love this game thats why i post this "do single version" many post about singleplayer, so people want it
kokozyabra

Postby mulamishne » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48725

Read this, and use the search function.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby kokozyabra » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:19 pm

mulamishne wrote:http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48725

and? This only show me that a lot of people want pve-singleplayer
kokozyabra

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:31 pm

mulamishne wrote:http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48725

Pretty much this. It's an old discussion, and the firm answer is, to paraphrase it, "we're not against it, but we don't want to put effort into to." A bit of digging through those old threads might lead you to the same conclusion.*

The big difference between games like Don't Starve and Minecraft and a true MMO is world permanence. Unfortunately, H&H, while trying to be an MMO, is considered a "forever alpha" project and world resets are necessary from time to time.

*edit to add a footnote: I'm not trying to speak for jorb or loftar here, but this is what I've read in what's been posted in the past. Opinions change over time. Years ago, it wasn't even a consideration. Also wanted to note: while the client code is open source to facilitate client modding, the server code is not. it may be one day, and that's my speculation, not anything that's been stated, but I don't see that day any time soon.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby TAURION » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:47 pm

kokozyabra wrote:Why no any sort of singleplayer?

I dont love pvp and world death, this game really have great pve features and will be great if they do singleplayer version or give server files even if it be btp.

Just make a price about 50-100$ for single version and i think many people will buy it i know some people that left the game after world death because they dont want to start from 0.

all who love pve and solo play they will be happy if u do some sort of singleversion.

sorry for bad english, not my native.

Yes, that would be very interesting. When I played co-op with friends, the game often ended after dying in a battle with hostile players. Toxic nerds spoil the game even by their presence without aggression. When they just give you 200+ quality things for free in the first month of the game, while I get a maximum of 70 quality in 2 months, it kills the interest. And communicating with the community, you quickly understand how the big clans will evict and destroy you whenever they want. I want to play in my own rhythm, not paying attention to the world around me, autistic hermit with the same friends, waiting for the indulgence of Odin, Thor or Loki so that they release a single or co-op version.
TAURION

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas