Walking Stick

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Walking Stick

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:06 am

Doesn't need buffs, just "needs to be."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:11 am

Just give it slight buff to walking speed. Note to everyone reeing about mandatory items to carry in PvP, walking (2nd speed) and running (3rd speed) are different things.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:28 am

guess ill out WALK u in swamps haha!
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Sephiron » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:27 pm

OR, make some terrain completely impassable without it. Once a tile has reached a certain incline, just prevent the player from crossing it without the stick.
Sephiron

Postby mvgulik » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:46 pm

Sephiron wrote:OR, make some terrain completely impassable without it. Once a tile has reached a certain incline, just prevent the player from crossing it without the stick.

Interesting idea.

Although in such a case if would/should apply to cliffs too.
In which case a walking stick would become a somewhat mandatory gear when walking about. Even more so in mountains.
mvgulik

Postby Sephiron » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:04 am

mvgulik wrote:
Sephiron wrote:OR, make some terrain completely impassable without it. Once a tile has reached a certain incline, just prevent the player from crossing it without the stick.

Interesting idea.

Although in such a case if would/should apply to cliffs too.
In which case a walking stick would become a somewhat mandatory gear when walking about. Even more so in mountains.

Yeah, no, strike that. Walking stick useable for steep inclines is the only way this makes sense to me, but that sounds incredibly annoying. If you want something that makes you walk faster, I'd vouch for sneakers before I gave my +1 to another thing that takes up a slot in my inventory. Especially if you can't put it in your toolbelt.

Tiberium wrote:Also jorb where the HECK is that sick looking wandering sage cloak from the Art? lol

This one?
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Ranger%27s_Cape
Sephiron

Postby telum12 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:02 pm

Making 2nd speed to a 3rd speed with reduced stamina drain will affect pvp in 3rd speed terrain.

Making 2nd speed faster will affect pvp because swamps et al.

Making any speed boost over any terrain or any obstance will affect pvp.

Inventory is already a limited resource in pvp.

All this would do is require botting-actions in pvp to optimize movement and make anyone who doesn't have that baked into the client more vulnerable. No one wins.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas