Walking Stick

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Walking Stick

Postby DanteThanatos » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:15 pm

Walking Stick made of bough or an entire log filled down , occupies 1x5 or 5x1 of inventory, can't go into belt. (Why so big? Compensation and inventory space as a cost)
Has to be equiped to grant bonuses.
Not made for Combat.
Function as a way to help move around, some of my ideas how that is accomplished would be:

Reduced stamina drain from walking.(Like the Wandering Sage buff, maybe even replacing it if the buff would be moved, removed)
Faster upcliff/downcliff movement.
Faster walking speed.(Like the rabbit shoes) Only works if you're walking.
Travel Weariness reduction.
Faster Speed bonus from the Speed Boost clouds.
Longer Duration on the Speed Boost clouds.
Reduce aggro area of some animals.
Small swimming speed bonus.

Related searches: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=70218&p=876837
If I could I would heal and help people, but in this realm I can't...Wait...elixirs? *Dons Plague Doctor mask*
W5: Hermit // W6: Hermit // W7: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W8: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W9: Emerald City // W10: Hermit // W11-12: Absent // W13: ...
DanteThanatos

Re: Walking Stick

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:14 am

Movement altering things bad.
DDDsDD999

Postby DanteThanatos » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:41 am

Yes I know how the mantra goes.
It's not like there is horses or more water or a way to deal with horses or more/better/stronger water or who has a stick that makes walking faster, not running nor sprinting, just walking.
If I could I would heal and help people, but in this realm I can't...Wait...elixirs? *Dons Plague Doctor mask*
W5: Hermit // W6: Hermit // W7: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W8: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W9: Emerald City // W10: Hermit // W11-12: Absent // W13: ...
DanteThanatos

Postby Fierce_Deity » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:24 am

Some of this seems okay, but I don't think it should affect swimming speed nor the speed boost things. Or cliff speed. Just a bit of an increase to walking speed without an increase in stamina drain. Could let you walk in swamps at normal(current walking) speed without stamina drain too. I don't see the point of the aggro range reduction, nor the reasoning behind it. Travel wariness reduction is also kind of in odd territory. Its a walking stick, so I think its advantages should stick to walking. It could count as a weak weapon imo, certainly makes more sense to whack a snake with a stick than your hands.
Fierce_Deity

Postby mvgulik » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:00 am

Fierce_Deity wrote:Could let you walk in swamps at normal(current walking) speed without stamina drain too.

One can already use a dugout for this, which is even faster than walking.

Only thing that seems to make sense for a walking stick seem to remove any AGI penalties one might have.

Potential alternative usage. Prying out items that are just out of reach inside some hitbox (working somewhat similar as lock-picking I imagine).
mvgulik

Postby mulamishne » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:35 pm

Oboi, time to pvp, gotta bring my mandatory rabbit shoes, 25 water skins, energy food, plate boots, a rabbit and AND my walking stick!

-1, my backpacks gonna burst, have it or die items bad too
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby DanteThanatos » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:59 pm

Exactly! Fun, right?
DanteThanatos

Postby Fierce_Deity » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:45 pm

mulamishne wrote:Oboi, time to pvp, gotta bring my mandatory rabbit shoes, 25 water skins, energy food, plate boots, a rabbit and AND my walking stick!

If you tone down the advantages he gave it to what I suggested instead, it isn't something you would need for combat. Its not making walking speed the same as running speed, so if you trim out some of the excessive buffs down to just walking then it isn't required at all. I don't think its an Item I would make use of very often, but there is a small potential use case for it and it isn't going to affect pvp.
Fierce_Deity

Postby DanteThanatos » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:22 pm

I suggested many buffs, just to consider a few, not ALL of them. If it had ALL those buffs it would be broken.

Also this:
DanteThanatos

Postby Tiberium » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:39 am

DanteThanatos wrote:I suggested many buffs, just to consider a few, not ALL of them. If it had ALL those buffs it would be broken.

Also this:

Also jorb where the HECK is that sick looking wandering sage cloak from the Art? lol
Tiberium

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas