Removing Stone Boulders, Add Quarrying

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Removing Stone Boulders, Add Quarrying

Postby Pommfritz » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:23 am

I think the main idea of boulders is that it's a bot check so just removing them would cause botting to be a lot easier. Well there are slimes that would take care of that on the deeper levels but I have no idea how programming really works maybe it's just as easy to kill slimes and chip boulders with a bot xd

but at least with mechanics like this you get rid of 90% of randoms trying out some very basic script or something.

I btw think they are annoying too but not sure how the problem could be solved otherwise xd
Pommfritz

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:52 am

Anybody capable of making a mining bot prior to boulders could've updated their bot to work with boulders in less than 60 seconds. My function to chip boulders is literally *3 lines. I'm pretty sure they just thought "oh, they'd be cool" and didn't consider the fact it completely breaks area select mining.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:05 pm

Pommfritz wrote:I think the main idea of boulders is that it's a bot check

Yeah... but it literally only breaks the mechanic that was supposed to make botting less mandatory, area selection. :lol:
Would be cool to have a toggle for it, "click this if you want to also try mining out boulders" kind of thing.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby WowGain » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:51 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
Pommfritz wrote:I think the main idea of boulders is that it's a bot check

Yeah... but it literally only breaks the mechanic that was supposed to make botting less mandatory, area selection. :lol:
Would be cool to have a toggle for it, "click this if you want to also try mining out boulders" kind of thing.

+1 on the idea of a quarry mode toggle
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby pawnchito » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:24 pm

+1

Please loftjarb, late game mining sucks the big one right now because of this. Make it an additional reward behind credo so once credo done you can turn if off and live life like a free man.
pawnchito

Postby pawnchito » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:08 pm

Necro bump. This could be a nice easy patch project while you all prep the new world. Everyone would like that. :p
pawnchito

Postby MadNomad » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:25 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Boulders while mining are extremely annoying for everyone and add very little

you can use them as decoration

but I agree that people should be able to choose whether they want to mine boulders or get more ore from the tile we're mining, there should be some ingame setting for this and they shouldn't mine boulders if that is what they want
MadNomad

Postby pawnchito » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:30 pm

Sure decoration ok. But when you are just trying to mine out 20 tiles and you are stopped 5 + times because of boulders it makes mining an actual pain in the ass. Now imagine when you are trying to mine several thousand tiles, its just not fun gameplay especially when adding a toggle for it as a credo reward makes sense.
pawnchito

Postby MadNomad » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:33 pm

pawnchito wrote:adding a toggle for it as a credo reward makes sense.

yes, they should do it like this
MadNomad

Postby pawnchito » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:26 am

I didnt move or touch a single one of these blessed boulders. They all spawned in as I attempted to enjoy some mining. This is crazy dudes, can we get a new cave dust that we can play minesweeper to avoid boulders?

pawnchito

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas