Removing Stone Boulders, Add Quarrying

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Removing Stone Boulders, Add Quarrying

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:48 am

Hmm yes.
Attachments
5n1epp.jpg
5n1epp.jpg (68.85 KiB) Viewed 228 times
ZoddAlmighty

Postby jordancoles » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:40 am

bump
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Vigilance » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:48 am

anyone who has played with me or around me at any point since world 8 knows i'm an autist re: mining. this world i grew to kinda like the boulders in very niche circumstances (credos, for instance, or now that your skills and shit actually apply to them, they're cool to supplement ore, or bring us dumb niche shit again like ore boulder querns and runestones. love that shit) but in general purpose tunneling/mining they make me want to fucking kill myself because i'd have to remember to use my scripted area miner instead of the regular ass mine function. i'd say they're like a 70-30 in terms of bad/good.

maybe a toggle for the existing functionality, a form of "precise" vs "crude" extraction, but i generally think this needs to be addressed in some way. it's a dumb tedium in a profession that already has things that jump out of the wall and beat the shit out of you. boulders are identical to slime functionality except they lack any form of excitement.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby kiddoinc » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:44 pm

This, Mining is a pain since this updated. Toggling it on off is cool. Could even be party of quarryman since the other benefits for the most part are wimpy.
kiddoinc

Postby pawnchito » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:11 pm

Yes please. Mining is tedious when you can't go 10 tiles without stopping. Like those above said it's super helpful at first but quickly becomes the hot date with terrible breath that wont fucking leave.
pawnchito

Postby DoctorCookie » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:39 pm

I support a toggle on/off tied to a credo.
DoctorCookie

Postby WowGain » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:38 pm

Big +1, include it with all the other mining and metal industry suggestions that have been coming out lately
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby azrid » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:13 pm

mining boulders should just be a toggle option
azrid

Postby kiddoinc » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:27 pm

Wont happen, unless this actually affects the one character we are all here to appease then it wont happen. I long for the day when I can mine without having a turd stuck to my butt while I run back to the computer and continue my mining path.
kiddoinc

Postby WowGain » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:47 am

kiddoinc wrote:Wont happen, unless this actually affects the one character we are all here to appease then it wont happen. I long for the day when I can mine without having a turd stuck to my butt while I run back to the computer and continue my mining path.

:oops: :oops: :oops: bogobogoaoo wah snail

i think if the past several updates of the devs being extremely responsive and open to the desires of many people who have been making their voices heard is somehow entirely lost on you that this isnt at all about you having a problem with the dev path, its just a petty vendetta and petty vendettas are pretty stupid to start dragging into threads where everyone else is actively trying to contribute to improving game loops

anyways, another request for devs to consider all this- if they dont already have something in mind for the focus of the next update then maybe mining/metal industry could be the pet project for a bit. there's a lot of good suggestions in this thread and in several of the other threads that have recently been posted in C&I for steelmaking, mine support tweaks, monster tile spawn tweaks, energy/stamina costs tweaks, etc.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas