What about some more wounds

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

What about some more wounds

Postby Pommfritz » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:30 pm

I was thinking about the ability to revive dead people. Probably within a shortish time window (3 ingame hours or so), will probably be abused by alts but what won't. Welll you could make it have certain requirements (learn a skill or some sort of stat requirement) but alts will have that too.
I think this would make some pvp fights more interesting as well as making people play together in general. Idk revive could heal the target for 10hhp per tick and with some special items or skills it goes a lot faster.
When revived there is a lot of room to indroduce all sorts of wounds. 1 ingame day of coma (you could tp to hearth) althought this would be quite boring gameplay but maybe also solvable if another character heals you in some way
50hhp permanent wound that only lets you use 1 arm slot or move at 1 speed slower than normal - can only be healed by ancient root
you could introduce wheelchairs metal and wood that let you move at normal speed but you need them to move the wound causing this also permanet and can only be healed by ancient root or some magic stuff
-50% int for a stupid long time

idk what else, a lot of possibilities :D
Pommfritz

Re: What about some more wounds

Postby vatas » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:02 pm

I think there's enough potential to write an entire essay why this is a bad idea, but at the moment I have energy to only raise one blatant problem point:

What happens if you inherit a character who is then revived? Blunt way to fix this would be to only allow Inheritance after the three day revive window has expired, and that could easily screw lot of people whose corpse was stolen and just want their personal claim back.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby telum12 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:42 pm

vatas wrote:I think there's enough potential to write an entire essay why this is a bad idea, but at the moment I have energy to only raise one blatant problem point:

What happens if you inherit a character who is then revived? Blunt way to fix this would be to only allow Inheritance after the three day revive window has expired, and that could easily screw lot of people whose corpse was stolen and just want their personal claim back.

As much as I agree that this idea is problematic your issue seems like a non-issue... Disable inheritance if revived and disable revival if inherited? Idk why you'd put a timer on it.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby mulamishne » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:36 pm

If you die in this game in a real pvp scenario, something went really wrong. Current mechanics make it so unlikely because of ko protection grievous damage levels.
If you get killed by a someone who's just hunting hermits, you aren't getting that body back, it'll end up in the jar.

-1 making killing someone even harder seems REALLY dumb
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Fierce_Deity » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:06 pm

I could see this being a thing for drowned characters, and for nothing else.
Fierce_Deity

Postby telum12 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:12 pm

mulamishne wrote:If you die in this game in a real pvp scenario, something went really wrong. Current mechanics make it so unlikely because of ko protection grievous damage levels.
If you get killed by a someone who's just hunting hermits, you aren't getting that body back, it'll end up in the jar.

-1 making killing someone even harder seems REALLY dumb

Make grievous great again
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Sephiron » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:29 pm

-make permadeath not a thing
-introduce a lot of bullshit wounds
-introduce a lot of stupid workarounds for bullshit wounds

It sounds like you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. If you use ancestral worship and bury your corpse and all that fun stuff, you already get most of your skills back when you die anyway. If my character came back a paraplegic I would personally suicide just so I don't have to deal with that
Sephiron

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:37 pm

Ew stinky
DDDsDD999

Postby Pommfritz » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:25 pm

gotcha, makes no sense :D

I was also thinking about some mining scenarios where you randomly die to a troll or something but I clearly don't have that much endgame experience so that idea/suggestion was maybe a bit off
Pommfritz

Postby vatas » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:25 am

Technically you don't need to be an expert in a subject to offer criticism. In an extreme example, you can't dismiss "oh no this rocket just blew up seconds after ignition, something must be wrong with it" by asking if they're an rocket scientist or telling them to build their own rocket. However, Haven's issues tend to be more complicated than that.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas