buckets of water in inventory

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: buckets of water in inventory

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:48 pm

Zbyx wrote:Newbies usually don't carry a lot of water with them , but veteran fighters - do. Giving them more options is a terrible idea.

It's like saying "newbies don't usually shoot their guns in first person shooters"

It's not my fault they're braindead bro, stfu.
Not all newbies are like this.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Zbyx » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:52 pm

Pommfritz wrote:I mean at some point you have to draw the line and say they'll just get KO'd and have to learn from "running out of water" but imo it's a good thing to make the tools available so they can learn a lot. (aka water bucket in inv or something like this, so they can practise more running ^^)

I would rather see water carrying limited by a lot so that people would think more about how they use it. Right now they take it pretty much for granted with a barrel of water in their belts.
Also would make the hermit life a bit better and would change chasing mechanics since you would need some planning instead of a blind rush.
Zbyx

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:53 pm

Nightdawg, don't ruin the thread by adding 5 pages of responding to an actual retard. Just call him a retard and move on
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Zbyx » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:59 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
Zbyx wrote:It's not my fault they're braindead bro, stfu.

Its not braindead. The person who's intention is to catch and kill/KO other people is gonna take as much water as he can, and currently that is absolutely full inventory (ofc you need some food with you as well) , and that puts a person who does not do that in a disadvantage 100% of the time. If you make it so that water can be only 50% of inventory , now another person can stack 50% of water and 50% of some other stuff and will be equally able to run away if he is good enough at doing that.
Zbyx

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:15 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Nightdawg, don't ruin the thread by adding 5 pages of responding to an actual retard. Just call him a retard and move on

It's not fair to just call people retards but it literally hurts me when they registered in 2011-2014 and argue against all the fucking changes that would literally help newbies.

Zbyx wrote:Its not braindead. The person who's intention is to catch and kill/KO other people is gonna take as much water as he can, and currently that is absolutely full inventory (ofc you need some food with you as well) , and that puts a person who does not do that in a disadvantage 100% of the time. If you make it so that water can be only 50% of inventory , now another person can stack 50% of water and 50% of some other stuff and will be equally able to run away if he is good enough at doing that.

I literally just mentioned a fighter will already have a belt with 9 extra waterskins while the newbie only has 1 bucket which won't last them enough to run to their base if it's literally more than 6 minutes away from them.

What are you even arguing against??? If the newbie is competent enough to run, they'd have enough water to run to their base with the extra bucket in their inventory, rather than run out of water cause I brought a belt and they still don't have dry hides.

Are you just ignoring THE FACTS THAT I SPIT? why are you doing this shit? you hunting noob hermits? just say if you do, and I'll understand. I don't actually care any more if they add mechanics that help newbies, they clearly have some fetish of seeing players quit the game because of that skill gap anyway.
Nightdawg

Postby Archiplex » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:29 pm

Honestly let's go even further. The exact amount of water -> stam conversion? Based off how close your constitution is to 10. Less con, more stam.

If you kill someone, you can't drink water for 24 hours.

Also, outlaw prevents hearthing and docking. Prevents the whole ship from docking even if you're not the driver. Dying while outlaw? No stats inherited.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Zbyx » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:44 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:Nightdawg, don't ruin the thread by adding 5 pages of responding to an actual retard. Just call him a retard and move on

It's not fair to just call people retards but it literally hurts me when they registered in 2011-2014 and argue against all the fucking changes that would literally help newbies.

Zbyx wrote:Its not braindead. The person who's intention is to catch and kill/KO other people is gonna take as much water as he can, and currently that is absolutely full inventory (ofc you need some food with you as well) , and that puts a person who does not do that in a disadvantage 100% of the time. If you make it so that water can be only 50% of inventory , now another person can stack 50% of water and 50% of some other stuff and will be equally able to run away if he is good enough at doing that.

I literally just mentioned a fighter will already have a belt with 9 extra waterskins while the newbie only has 1 bucket which won't last them enough to run to their base if it's literally more than 6 minutes away from them.

What are you even arguing against??? If the newbie is competent enough to run, they'd have enough water to run to their base with the extra bucket in their inventory, rather than run out of water cause I brought a belt and they still don't have dry hides.

Are you just ignoring THE FACTS THAT I SPIT? why are you doing this shit? you hunting noob hermits? just say if you do, and I'll understand. I don't actually care any more if they add mechanics that help newbies, they clearly have some fetish of seeing players quit the game because of that skill gap anyway.

I am not really against changes to help for newbies i just approach the same problem differently. I think that if you limit how much water people can carry then suddenly a guy with a bigger belt would have no advantage over the person who does not have the same.
What is offered in the topic is to make water a lot more accessible which will change a lot of other stuff , for example how fast you can progress early and i think that multiplies your progress the better you are at the game - which i don't think really helps.
Zbyx

Postby Archiplex » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:53 pm

shitposting aside removing water from belts isn't that bad of an idea anyways- it does give an advantage to the attacking side because they will, presumably, prepare more waterskins than normal in order to properly gank people, but the attacking side 9/10 times already has the advantage, as there wont be any sprucies walking around with nearly as much water anyhow. it does totally fuck with big pvp battles and the current meta of having a troll belt filled with 99 waterskins though, and uhhh frankly who cares? that stuffs dumb

the best defense for a sprucecap is being near their home so they can enter when they get attacked (if they even have the right airlock/house setup for it, lol), and they should more or less accept being super far away from home is going to be dangerous anyways.

but anyways haha make pvpers have to sit around afk for 9 hours each time they look at sprucecap it's kinda funny to hear them complain about it constantly
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:03 pm

Zbyx wrote:I am not really against changes to help for newbies i just approach the same problem differently. I think that if you limit how much water people can carry then suddenly a guy with a bigger belt would have no advantage over the person who does not have the same.
What is offered in the topic is to make water a lot more accessible which will change a lot of other stuff , for example how fast you can progress early and i think that multiplies your progress the better you are at the game - which i don't think really helps.

I give up. Mark this moment everyone.
Nightdawg

Postby Pommfritz » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:45 am

xD
Pommfritz

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas