buckets of water in inventory

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

buckets of water in inventory

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:01 am

If ur not finna let ppl put belts in their inventory(you should, especially with naked swim quests), let us put buckets of water in our inventory for the pre-troll belt era of every world. Literally not having enough water to run away from people early game unless you fill basically every inventory slot with flasks/skins is a rly big gay.

Also, since you guys seem opposed(?) to adding a drink keybind, the ability to bind a bucket for vanilla client boys and use it as a 10L keybind seems way better than using a waterskin as a 3L keybind.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Re: buckets of water in inventory

Postby DanteThanatos » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:57 pm

And then you turn around at the end of the run, a month later or a little more, and become the one running people down with your full inventory of buckets of water (that also have a backpack and merch robes of space).

I find it so amusing how you're trying to spin this as "helping the early world".

For the last month since I came back playing I thought you had some insight on how the end game worked, wanted to help create a better game and that guided your opinions here and on the streams, however cuntish you voiced them.
But I was mistaken, these last posts made me realize you're doing this only for yourself, wich I find pitiful.

Either that or I fell for the trolling this should be.
If I could I would heal and help people, but in this realm I can't...Wait...elixirs? *Dons Plague Doctor mask*
W5: Hermit // W6: Hermit // W7: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W8: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W9: Emerald City // W10: Hermit // W11-12: Absent // W13: ...
DanteThanatos

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:51 pm

DanteThanatos wrote:And then you turn around at the end of the run, a month later or a little more, and become the one running people down with your full inventory of buckets of water (that also have a backpack and merch robes of space).

I find it so amusing how you're trying to spin this as "helping the early world".

For the last month since I came back playing I thought you had some insight on how the end game worked, wanted to help create a better game and that guided your opinions here and on the streams, however cuntish you voiced them.
But I was mistaken, these last posts made me realize you're doing this only for yourself, wich I find pitiful.

Either that or I fell for the trolling this should be.

What
DDDsDD999

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:37 pm

I bet your belt doesn't look like this

Buckets in inventory will do nothing for me after a month, but probably be useful to you for most of your playtime. In the very early game before I have a silk belt my guess is you wouldn't even have enough leather to fill your inventory with flasks, whereas I will be dunking enough hermits to have cupboards full of them.

In general I think there should be an active push for carrying PVP supplies to either be non-essential, or not cumbersome at all. The number of people who aren't faction fighters that carry enough water/food/boot switches with full AC gear is practically zero. You can't actually play the game normally when you've that stuff. It leaves you with literally zero inventory/belt space for anything else.

I think it's generally unrealistic for a random forager that has some fighting stats to win verse somebody trying to gank them, but everybody technically having the tools they need to at least escape with them at all times seems universally good. Buckets in inventory alone doesn't do that for sure, but it'd be a nice little start.

Another route could be drastically increasing the quantity of water flasks can hold, or buckets in belts.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby DanteThanatos » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:53 pm

I dont think it ever will. :lol:
After re-reading I think I understand now. Especialy after this:
SnuggleSnail wrote:In general I think there should be an active push for carrying PVP supplies to either be non-essential, or not cumbersome at all.

But I really don't think there is even a way to do that without transforming the game into something else?
I don't know, maybe I should play in a big village for once so I can at least have a glimpse on how it is for you guys.
If I could I would heal and help people, but in this realm I can't...Wait...elixirs? *Dons Plague Doctor mask*
W5: Hermit // W6: Hermit // W7: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W8: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W9: Emerald City // W10: Hermit // W11-12: Absent // W13: ...
DanteThanatos

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:32 pm

These constant requirements and downsides of pvp literally make everyone not want to pvp. I get it that you want the playerbase to think that PVP only has downsides and, just like in real life, war costs too much and gives little benefits blah blah blah.

This is a video game. In this video game people not wanting to PVP because of these stupid downsides literally give the people who want to PVP a great advantage over them. Stupid wounds, mandatory need to carry 20 barrels of water and 50 tables of food on you, having to run around for 3 hours in every pvp fight, SPEED BUFFS, HORSES, BOATS, HAVING 5K STATS OVER YOUR ENEMY, all of these stupid things turn people off from wanting to try to pvp.
Idk why larpers still play this game tbh, your shit gets deleted either by getting raided, not playing for 2 weeks or world resets.

But yeah, pvp has very annoying downsides imo, water is one of them.

Consider.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Sephiron » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:38 pm

buckets in inventory nah, but faster stamina regen yea. irl an average fit human can run for 20+ minutes no problem, take a 3 minute breather and run for another 20 minutes. I've never felt like I've had to carry more than 3L of water at any point in my life for practical consumption. I think the problem here lies not in "you should be able to carry more water" but rather, you shouldn't have to. I find it hilarious that you're carrying 63L of water because a bucket full of 10L of water is too heavy. You're carrying 139.23 pounds of water on your toolbelt along with the weight of however much more gear you have
Sephiron

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:45 am

Another pretty non-invasive solution could be making it so sips from a waterflask only drain .01 instead of .05
SnuggleSnail

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:54 am

faster stamina regen bad. the bad fighters are most of the time separated by drinking, removing the need to drink would turn the game into a literal 2 hour run in a straight line simulator. as much as I hate 4th speed terrain it does help in fucking up the shitty players.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Sephiron » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:56 am

wonder-ass wrote:run in a straight line simulator

implying you could successfully run in a straight line anywhere in this game
Sephiron

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas