remove TW from hearthing, docking, roads

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

remove TW from hearthing, docking, roads

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:25 am

I don't even understand why cost is applied to any of these to make an argument against it, but I know they're needlessly tedious to micro-manage. Bad. No. Stop that.

Except in the case of roads - that's because of questing networks... But quest caps should make that irrelevant regardless, and if questing were OP and there were a reward to having infinite travel weariness it's DEFINITELY a barrier that could be overcome pretty trivially.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Re: remove TW from hearthing, docking, roads

Postby DanteThanatos » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:43 pm

It seems to me that's because you're actively going from place to place everyday, hunting hermits, hearthing back, sailing to another place, raiding, sieging, etc.

Well, such an active life should have a cost. Why not make another combat Alt? And Another?And Another?And Another?And Another?...
If I could I would heal and help people, but in this realm I can't...Wait...elixirs? *Dons Plague Doctor mask*
W5: Hermit // W6: Hermit // W7: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W8: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W9: Emerald City // W10: Hermit // W11-12: Absent // W13: ...
DanteThanatos

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:52 pm

DanteThanatos wrote:It seems to me that's because you're actively going from place to place everyday, hunting hermits, hearthing back, sailing to another place, raiding, sieging, etc.

Well, such an active life should have a cost. Why not make another combat Alt? And Another?And Another?And Another?And Another?...

This isn't an argument against the idea, just a shitty post
DDDsDD999

Postby strpk0 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:14 pm

DanteThanatos wrote:It seems to me that's because you're actively going from place to place everyday, hunting hermits, hearthing back, sailing to another place, raiding, sieging, etc.

You ok bro'? You're actually going through every suggestion posting the same garbage non-feedback.
Did snail do something to you? If so, this isn't the correct forum to discuss it. Try this one.

EDIT:

Nevermind, found the issue.
Maybe try securing your palisade properly and not drinking bad potions so you won't die to 2 quick barrages next time.
And just incase you were wondering, snail didn't kill you. You can rest easy and stop shitposting now.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby mulamishne » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:21 pm

Consider that everyone in my group has at least 1500 will, an infinite supply of pipe stuff, more heartwood leaves than possibly consumable. We can travel from the furthest reaches of the map to the other side with a cost of 20%, tops.

This change feels really good for the average player, +1.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:25 pm

I think ur doing the thing where you hurt yourself in an attempt to take others with you, but really this is only a problem for me for about 2 weeks at the start of every world. It's probably very limiting for you all world
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DanteThanatos » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:44 pm

strpk0 wrote:
You ok bro'? You're actually going through every suggestion posting the same garbage non-feedback.
Did snail do something to you? If so, this isn't the correct forum to discuss it. Try this one..

Snail didnt do anything, I just didnt like the sugestions he made. There is also another thread he made that I kinda agree with him, the thingwall one I think.

strpk0 wrote:EDIT:

Nevermind, found the issue.
Maybe try securing your palisade properly and not drinking bad potions so you won't die to 2 quick barrages next time.
And just incase you were wondering, snail didn't kill you. You can rest easy and stop shitposting now.

I knew it was risky to try and fix that palisade, it wasnt centralized hahahaha.

I was in the middle of trying to fix a rot gut 60 drinking converting potions, and you showed up.

Im not even mad I died, its the nature of the game.
If I could I would heal and help people, but in this realm I can't...Wait...elixirs? *Dons Plague Doctor mask*
W5: Hermit // W6: Hermit // W7: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W8: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W9: Emerald City // W10: Hermit // W11-12: Absent // W13: ...
DanteThanatos

Postby DanteThanatos » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:09 pm

mulamishne wrote:
Consider that everyone in my group has at least 1500 will, an infinite supply of pipe stuff, more heartwood leaves than possibly consumable. We can travel from the furthest reaches of the map to the other side with a cost of 20%, tops.

This change feels really good for the average player, +1.

I always fail to see that side of the game, hermiting most of the time. I see Snail's point now, so I'm changing my position to a +1 also.
Double post because I was on my phone and didn't want to struggle with my autocorrector anymore.
DanteThanatos

Postby dafels » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:03 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Image

I think ur doing the thing where you hurt yourself in an attempt to take others with you, but really this is only a problem for me for about 2 weeks at the start of every world. It's probably very limiting for you all world

yeah its funny how they like to shoot themselves in the foot haha
describes most of the community
dafels

Postby boshaw » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:06 pm

Teleporting should simply be removed.
boshaw

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas