Bonds/Claims in Character Sheet

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Bonds/Claims in Character Sheet

Postby vatas » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:22 pm

Updated OP, result from discussing the original OP:
vatas wrote:Forget some separate slots below the Study Report, now I want an entire seventh tab in the Character Sheet!

*It should list all your claims and some statistics, including their locations (assuming you have explored map from your current location to claim location I guess.)

*I still think new slots should be bought with LP, but I'm now leaning to every slot (aside the first one you unlock through Yeomanry -skill) simply having the static 4000 LP cost to remove as much incentive as possibly to just offload claims to alts.

*Bonds of Blood & Soil will only come into existence when you specifically choose to create one for purposes of transferring the claim. (Ganker being able to loot the bond with game giving zero alert about it is a MASSIVE newb trap.)

Original OP:
Currently we have to deal with bonds taking up to 25% of our study screen and sloppy "building a Claim Pole will cost LP if you already have at least one claim." You could unlock slots for Bonds of Blood&Soil. Conforming to current system, there would be four slots. First one would be unlocked as a bonus upon buying "Yeomanry" and rest could have varied, increasing cost from 4k LP since they'd be permanent character upgrades and not bound to claims that can be destroyed or decay.

Sorry for not posting this idea before Jorb redrew character sheet things in higher resolution, would've been opportunity for redesign to make sure the new slots fit in nicely.
Last edited by vatas on Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Separate slots for Bonds in Character Sheet

Postby DanteThanatos » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:22 pm

Had the same idea few days ago.

Even made this little example.

There is a neat space beneath the study window.

+1
If I could I would heal and help people, but in this realm I can't...Wait...elixirs? *Dons Plague Doctor mask*
W5: Hermit // W6: Hermit // W7: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W8: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W9: Emerald City // W10: Hermit // W11-12: Absent // W13: ...
DanteThanatos

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:06 pm

you can put them in a chest and put them back into your study window when they get low every couple weeks?

but anyway seems like a good qol addition so +1
Pommfritz

Postby vatas » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:12 pm

Bump

Possible idea for LP cost increase:
1st slot: 4k (by unlocking Yeomanry)
2nd slot: 8k
3rd slot: 12k
4th slot: 16k

I wouldn't mind buying these since they would be permanent upgrades (preferably also inherited) compared to current system where you're deducted 4k LP the instant you build an additional claim, even if someone bashed it (AFAIK.)

Possible drawback if this deemed to "powerful": the presence generated by LP gains is split evenly among the bonds. (Don't actually know if this is already the case actually.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby pawnchito » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:37 am

I like the idea but I feel like this would eliminate the cost of keeping a claim bond in your study window.
pawnchito

Postby Southpaw » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:46 am

everyone that would abuse this implementation suggested already abuses claim alts in an obnoxious way, may as well make the game a little less tedious and make it so I don't have to go through my keychain for my pclaims, and can study efficiently on my main while maintaining my village.
jaws hat enthusiast, entrepreneur, avid appreciator of the arts
Southpaw

Postby mvgulik » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:09 am

The way its currently setup mains its allows a relative large variable "bonds vs study" setups.

Which has two extremes.
- Holding a maximum of 16 bonds, without any study/upkeep income. (not that useful, but that's besides the point.)
- No bonds, potential max study results.

As such it allows, for example:
- One character holding one massive claim for which one needs the other 15 study slots to maintain it. (suggested idea extends that to 16 study slots for 4 bonds/claims)
- One character holding 15 small claims which can be maintained with only one study slot. (suggested idea, as currently presented, limits this to only 4 bonds/claims)
Or anything in between.

Needles to say. With either system one could hold a virtual unlimited number of claims (by way of claim-alts).
Overall the suggested idea would:
- Do away with the "bonds vs study" juggling.
- Makes it easier to hold more massive claims per character.
- Lowers the maximum (small) claims per character.
mvgulik

Postby Southpaw » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:14 pm

mvgulik wrote:- Holding a maximum of 16 bonds, without any study/upkeep income. (not that useful, but that's besides the point.) As you say, not useful, nobody actually does this.
- No bonds, potential max study results. Virtually anyone trying to be competitive will do this/does this currently.

- One character holding one massive claim for which one needs the other 15 study slots to maintain it. (suggested idea extends that to 16 study slots for 4 bonds/claims)
From what I have noticed, you actually flat out never need all 15 slots to maintain a claim of virtually any size, unless your LP/hr is actually "dirt and sticks on the floor." A relatively safe middle-ground for claim alts is like, 8 bonds and then easter eggs, bluebells, marble, globe, and a junk item of your choice for free claim upkeep.
- One character holding 15 small claims which can be maintained with only one study slot. (suggested idea, as currently presented, limits this to only 4 bonds/claims)
Or anything in between.
This is not a viable strategy in any regard, so absolutely nothing is lost.

Needles to say. With either system one could hold a virtual unlimited number of claims (by way of claim-alts).
- Do away with the "bonds vs study" juggling. Good.
- Makes it easier to hold more massive claims per character. Already the case, just more tedious and alt-y in current execution.
- Lowers the maximum (small) claims per character. Depends if the proposed new slots are entirely replacing the existing function, or in conjunction.

and for what its worth, i will admit my position of bias because I've done 15-25 claim bonds minimum each world, and never dropped a single one until I quit for the world. I'd like to escape the tedium of it.
jaws hat enthusiast, entrepreneur, avid appreciator of the arts
Southpaw

Postby mvgulik » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:06 pm

Southpaw wrote:
mvgulik wrote:- Holding a maximum of 16 bonds, without any study/upkeep income. (not that useful, but that's besides the point.) As you say, not useful, nobody actually does this.
- No bonds, potential max study results. Virtually anyone trying to be competitive will do this/does this currently.

From what I have noticed, you actually flat out never need all 15 slots to maintain a claim of virtually any size, unless your LP/hr is actually "dirt and sticks on the floor." A relatively safe middle-ground for claim alts is like, 8 bonds and then easter eggs, bluebells, marble, globe, and a junk item of your choice for free claim upkeep.
Or anything in between.
This is not a viable strategy in any regard, so absolutely nothing is lost.
So you say ...

- Do away with the "bonds vs study" juggling. Good.
- Makes it easier to hold more massive claims per character. Already the case, just more tedious and alt-y in current execution.
- Lowers the maximum (small) claims per character. Depends if the proposed new slots are entirely replacing the existing function, or in conjunction. In conjunction would just be the same system, just with 4 additional dedicated bond slots. What would be the point of that!

and for what its worth, i will admit my position of bias because I've done 15-25 claim bonds minimum each world, and never dropped a single one until I quit for the world. I'd like to escape the tedium of it.
mvgulik

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:30 pm

Y'all need to quote like normal humans
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas