Bonds/Claims in Character Sheet

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Separate slots for Bonds in Character Sheet

Postby WowGain » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:06 am

vatas wrote:Forget some separate slots below the Study Report, now I want an entire seventh tab in the Character Sheet!

*It should list all your claims and some statistics, including their locations (assuming you have explored map from your current location to claim location I guess.)

*I still think new slots should be bought with LP, but I'm now leaning to every slot simply having the static 4000 LP cost to remove as much incentive as possibly to just offload claims to alts.

*Bonds of Blood & Soil will only come into existence when you specifically choose to create one for purposes of transferring the claim. (Ganker being able to loot the bond with game giving zero alert about it is a MASSIVE newb trap.)

big +1
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:47 pm

vatas wrote:*Bonds of Blood & Soil will only come into existence when you specifically choose to create one for purposes of transferring the claim. (Ganker being able to loot the bond with game giving zero alert about it is a MASSIVE newb trap.)

The last one is huge. The devs went out of their way to make this item, just to make claims unintuitive and griefable for noobs.
DDDsDD999

Postby MadNomad » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:39 am

Pommfritz wrote:you can put them in a chest and put them back into your study window when they get low every couple weeks?

uncomfortable and you can also forget to do so
MadNomad

Re: Bonds/Claims in Character Sheet

Postby vatas » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:36 am

Updated OP with the improved version off idea.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby loftar » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:57 pm

I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing, but the whole point of having Bonds to begin with is so that they conflict with curiosities, that each claim carries a permanent cost in having less space for curiosities to study, to disincentivize claim spam.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:01 pm

loftar wrote:I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing, but the whole point of having Bonds to begin with is so that they conflict with curiosities, that each claim carries a permanent cost in having less space for curiosities to study, to disincentivize claim spam.

Why do you guys just make mechanics to specifically promote alts, why.
DDDsDD999

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:13 pm

loftar wrote:I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing, but the whole point of having Bonds to begin with is so that they conflict with curiosities, that each claim carries a permanent cost in having less space for curiosities to study, to disincentivize claim spam.

It's okay if you wanted to spend 5 minutes reading the thread, we could all prepare ourselves for 5 minutes less dev time going in to the next patch at the end of August.
Zentetsuken

Postby bumfrog » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:27 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Why do you guys just make mechanics to specifically promote alts, why.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby loftar » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:55 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Why do you guys just make mechanics to specifically promote alts, why.

I'm not saying the mechanic is perfect, but using alts to circumvent it isn't exactly "no-cost" either, as demonstrated by the fact that you're complaining about it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:22 pm

loftar wrote:

I'm not saying the mechanic is perfect, but using alts to circumvent it isn't exactly "no-cost" either, as demonstrated by the fact that you're complaining about it.

this is a milestone of declination I really didn't expect
Zentetsuken

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas