Scenario of the world?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Scenario of the world?

Postby RLFru » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:59 pm

To start with, I want to thank game developers for a good and interesting game, that I have been playing for many years.
It's like to be Robinson in a new world. Romantic and dangerous. And the fact that the game is tough. When you die, you die.

I apologize, then I use google translate. If you have any questions - write, I will answer.

I like the conflict with the environment in the game.
Moreover, I believe that the fall in online in the game is due to the fact that the conflict in the game disappears with the level of character development.
In this regard, I want to offer several options for prolonging the conflict between the character and the environment.
For this I want to write a script for the game.
In my opinion, the game should start without continents. Only small, very small islands in the ocean.
In this case, the most active water and sea component of the game - boats, swimming ...
I believe that one of the keys to maintaining interest in the game must be to constantly update and complicate the environment in the game.
I think there should be a mechanism for submerging continental plates into the ocean and then raising them with new mountains, landscapes, spots and animals and wonders.
Moreover, the spots and animals must be 10-50 points higher in quality, BUT the attack power of the animals first increases by the same 10-50 points,
and with each congestion of the mainland, it must increase in the order of arithmetic progress. Rabbits and squirrels should also become more aggressive and tenacious ...
I believe that the procedure for reloading the continental plate can be carried out by the inhabitants of the mainland themselves and by those who are in the war with them, while all the villages are destroyed.
The event will be called - World Flood.
In the end, this should lead to the fact that the mutual complication of the playing space will lead either to the extinction of players due to the aggressiveness of the surrounding strand, or to peace.
And this and that will be interesting.
Therefore, there should be no limitation on the number of overloads of continental plates. The players must either agree or die beautifully.
The underworld is also overloaded together with the mainland.
Plus, I think that limiting the depth of mines is also not worth it, you just need to increase the amount of resources for their construction in an arithmetic progression with each floor.
Let me remind you that if you put one grain of rice on one square of the chessboard, on the second two, on the third 4, etc., then
18446744073709551615 grains will have to be put on the last cell, so it will not be physically possible to make mines infinitely deep.
Also, I think, it is worth increasing the resources required for the ritual of overloading the continental plate in an arithmetic progression.
It should be easy at the beginning of the game and difficult at the end.
I also think it is necessary to activate the market between the mainland plates in the game.
Each continent must grow unique plant crops and produce unique goods.
For example: there is black pepper, on the other mainland - allspice, on the third there is paprika
If there is clove spice on one continent, garlic on another, cinnamon on the third ...
And the effects for food add up - then it will be interesting to trade them.
I believe that skills in the game are also very underestimated in the number of lp.
Here I also think that the principle of increasing the number of lp in arithmetic progression is necessary for learning each next skill.
This should lead to an increase in the number of Twinks in the game, which will reduce the fear of one of them dying.
In terms of trade, it will be more interesting if you can make funny things from what can only be obtained on different continents.
For example, if a curiosity is made of materials from two continents, then LP increases by 2 times, from three to 4 from four to 8 times.
It's interesting to make outposts on another mainland or go there on an expedition for herbs or resources ...
For beginners, I suggest leaving a piece of the initial location with small islands, but limiting your stay there to 30 days, and then your health will decrease.

And so - the beginning of the game.
Small islands, 30 days pumping and collecting resources to reload the continental plate.
Carrying out the ritual of reloading the continental plate and the first continents.
Mutual war and overloading of the continents from enemies.
Over-saturation with aggressive fauna on its mainland and the inability to collect resources to overload the mainland within six months.
Well, and the final - I think a major achievement is needed for which the game is considered over and a new one begins.
For example, build a huge building that requires an unimaginable amount of resources, or a statue ...
The 10 wonders of the world can be considered a prototype of this.

Sorry, a lot of letters ... :D :D :D
RLFru

Re: Scenario of the world?

Postby vatas » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:32 pm

(Gonna ignore most of the OP for now to only respond to very specific bit of this post cause I can produce a clean rebuttal for it)

Having q300 bear be much stronger than q60 bear sounds neat on paper but in practice it's not fun to die because you had no way of telling that this specific bear is much stronger than a regular one... and if you can tell, this means people can just have bots scout the animal nodes.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Scenario of the world?

Postby RLFru » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:04 pm

vatas wrote:(Gonna ignore most of the OP for now to only respond to very specific bit of this post cause I can produce a clean rebuttal for it)

Having q300 bear be much stronger than q60 bear sounds neat on paper but in practice it's not fun to die because you had no way of telling that this specific bear is much stronger than a regular one... and if you can tell, this means people can just have bots scout the animal nodes.

Yes. But ... Animals are not always in this place. Other people can find such animals too.
RLFru

Return to Critique & Ideas