Nitpick: Cachalot tail flukes have no bones in reality

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Nitpick: Cachalot tail flukes have no bones in reality

Postby mvgulik » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:54 pm

vatas wrote:... when I saw a whale butchering GIF in this thread.

lol

Other than "muscles and dense fibrous tissue" no mentioning of any cartilage inside 'whale fluke anatomy' on the internet.
mvgulik

Postby Pommfritz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:13 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:
vatas wrote:To be a devil's advocate, there's most likely better uses for development time than adjusting whale skeleton model.

Exactly this. I am all for making something immaculate , but you dont polish a rock. You polish a diamond.

you can put things on lists and take care about them when it's time lmao
Pommfritz

Postby Archiplex » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:46 pm

people are really overestimating the opportunity cost of modifying a model
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby shubla » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:33 pm

Everybody knows that whales once walked on land so when they evolved back to the sea they got huge bones that once were their feet as a memento.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:00 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:
vatas wrote:To be a devil's advocate, there's most likely better uses for development time than adjusting whale skeleton model.

Exactly this. I am all for making something immaculate , but you dont polish a rock. You polish a diamond.

Diamonds don't need polish. You polish rocks. You polish metals. You can polish dirt. You can even polish a turd if you so desire.

Should this be a top priority? No, but I don't think it's going to be a huge fix, either... definitely less time than making a new hat on a livestream.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:54 am

MagicManICT wrote:Diamonds don't need polish. You polish rocks. You polish metals. You can polish dirt. You can even polish a turd if you so desire.

Should this be a top priority? No, but I don't think it's going to be a huge fix, either... definitely less time than making a new hat on a livestream.

You absolutely have no idea what you are talking about.
By all means, feel free to polish to anything you desire.
Still, fact remains diamonds are polished.
https://www.naturaldiamonds.com/diamond ... g-process/
Regarding the issue at hand, I'd rather have Jorb or Loftar do something valuable for the overall game state then to be :
"Yo guys, I replaced the wrong colored pixel on item xxxx. Huge problem for the state of the game I know, glad we caught and fixed an issue so fast".
"You remember that type we made 3 years ago in skill description? Well both me and Loftar put our minds together and rewrote the whole skill description".
The game is in perpetual beta, lots of people have lots of different issue. Some of the problems are detrimental for the state of the game and they are not getting fixed. So, if you really think they should be wasting their time with this , you have no idea how priorities work.
ZoddAlmighty

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas