Not dying from Burn Burn!

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Not dying from Burn Burn!

Postby Greywolf2001 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:31 pm

Hi!

I suggest making Hot Hot! a debuff. My character just died of Hot Hot! which makes no sense... unless it was a bunch of magical peppers or cursed ones, but nope, ordinary pepper grinded and spiced my food.

Debuff should be like a -5% to perception per meal having Hot Hot! When your character gets to 100% loss of perception he collapes and is uncounscious (NOT DEAD).

Makes no sense that Hot Hot! can kill your character.

Wish I knew Hot Hot! could kill. Would not have put spice on all my meals. Ridiculous to die from that.

Hope it becomes a debuff instead of a wound... it is just that your eyes are filled with water, your mouth is burning and your character is like saying "hot hot!" while doing the hot dance. ;)
(character could have a bubble saying hot hot! at 20% perception loss, do the dancing at 50%, etc. hehe!)

Wish I could get my old self back. This is the dumbest and crappiest death one can have in a video game. Come on!
Greywolf2001

Re: Not dying from Burn Burn!

Postby mulamishne » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:28 am

Makes sense to me, maybe its time to stop blaming others for your poor dietary choices and start eating a healthier, more balanced diet.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:55 am

He died to bum burn lmao
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:03 am

Haha I knew threads like this would pop up where noobs die to their first batch of pepper :D

I think a wound is ok to regulate the intake but the mechanic of this woundis way too punishing especialy if you have no clue what you are doing, it heals slow af so ancient roots are mandatory and it stacks up way too high. Tbh until the update I thought sprinkling pepper on food was cooking with pepper. I didn't know you could rightclick it on your food lol. So I was testing a bit and somehow got to -160 from Bum Burn or something retarded I'm at -50 now after eating all ancient roots I could get my hands on (9 or so) and waiting a week. Any combat wound from getting KO'd or almost killed can be healed way way faster, it just doesn't make any sense. My suggestion would be to soften one of the 2 variables to heal the wound, either it can stack high and heals somewhat reasonably or it doesn't stack high and you have to heal it with ancient roots or infinite waiting. Or just disable sprinkling pepper on food. This will litterally get tons of naps killed :D

Edit: actually I like the idea of a debuff similiar to drinking alcohol, doesn't let you eat more peppered food when full or creates wounds if you eat more peppered food and lasts a fair bit. But make it reasonable so that you can regularly eat peppered food, not much but a few pieces a day or whatever you intended, get some spreadsheet out and do math xd
Pommfritz

Postby vatas » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:41 pm

I'd support some sort of debuff, even if it just basically just acts as an extra warning/throttle.

Like you get Bum Burn wound like you currently do, you also get debuff counter. Only effect of the debuff itself is that at some point it prevents you from eating peppered foods.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mulamishne » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:26 am

I genuinely want 0 changes to this mechanic because everytime I read that someone died to bum burn I am harder than Jorb is when someone asks for more wounds.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:11 am

Leave this stupid pepper as it is, we finally got rid of the mandatory pepper bots and you want them back while you literally didn't bot it.

You don't have to pepper all of your food. Just be more careful.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:29 am

Yes I'll be more careful in 2 weeks xd

What I was saying is that you can regulate the peppered food intake to the same degree while not killing all naps on their first pepper harvest (although it's really funny to read lmao)
Pommfritz

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:48 am

lol not making an argument for one thing or another, but if you think pepper is no longer bot mandatory ur kinda retarded ngl
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:34 pm

Noobs dying is a feature, so if anything pepper lethality should be increased. Maybe make the wounds take a few minutes to show up, so you can't tell your character is already dead? That'd be cool.
DDDsDD999

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas