Not dying from Burn Burn!

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Not dying from Burn Burn!

Postby Sevenless » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:54 pm

Bum Burn -> Indigestion

More pepper you eat in a sitting, higher chance you get indigestion per piece of food eaten. If you acquire the indigestion wound, your character refuses to eat peppered foods until it's completely healed.

Roughly same mechanic, scaled back chance of newbie death.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby shubla » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:46 pm

They say that if you slowly increase the temperature to boil a frog, it doesn't realize what is happening and will die without attempting any escape. Maybe something similar happened here.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:14 am

shubla wrote:They say that if you slowly increase the temperature to boil a frog, it doesn't realize what is happening and will die without attempting any escape. Maybe something similar happened here.

Pretty sure bum burn jumps in steps like 1-2-4-10-20-50 damage, or something like that. So god knows if this man had a 600 bum burn wound and decided to just eat another peppered food :lol:
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby mvgulik » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:57 am

The 'boiling frog' is a fable. (nice metaphor for a lot of human behaviors though.)

... Wikipedia: Will not be of any help ... if the power goes out. ...
mvgulik

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:21 pm

lol no, I can still kill you at -95% perception.

How did you actually died? Low HHP while eating? Maybe reduced concussion damage from getting Ass Blasted would help but doesn't really solve the root problem.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby AtoB » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:15 am

On could argue that debuffs from food intake should, in case they are ment to reduce overconsumption of certain things, reduce the benefits from stuffing in more food, without being directly lethal from biting into the next food item. Like a kind of diarrhea, caused by certain things (stale food, too much spice, whatnot) that massively reduces FEP and hunger gain as the food will be traveling at light speed through the intesines.

While at it: add the need for toilet breaks ('I need a tree' as the low-tec variant), frequency scaled with intake and boosted on diarhea, opening the way to a hygiene system that discourages the unwashed masses from being unwashed (rashes from running around with pants that have been abused as diapers, flies around the character, charisma reduction).
Would also finally give a good use to soap.
AtoB

Postby WowGain » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:36 am

AtoB wrote:On could argue that debuffs from food intake should, in case they are ment to reduce overconsumption of certain things, reduce the benefits from stuffing in more food, without being directly lethal from biting into the next food item. Like a kind of diarrhea, caused by certain things (stale food, too much spice, whatnot) that massively reduces FEP and hunger gain as the food will be traveling at light speed through the intesines.

While at it: add the need for toilet breaks ('I need a tree' as the low-tec variant), frequency scaled with intake and boosted on diarhea, opening the way to a hygiene system that discourages the unwashed masses from being unwashed (rashes from running around with pants that have been abused as diapers, flies around the character, charisma reduction).
Would also finally give a good use to soap.

wow you didnt even wait for a second to start using this as an excuse for inserting shitting into this game

i wonder what mightve motivated that
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby iamahh » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:31 pm

food allergy wound when?
iamahh

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:33 pm

Apocoreo wrote:How did you actually died? Low HHP while eating? Maybe reduced concussion damage from getting Ass Blasted would help but doesn't really solve the root problem.

DDDsDD999

Postby dafels » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:00 am

I think its good that some hearthlings these days out there are still paying the ultimate price.... Sadly it is the other way around right now
dafels

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas