Make Wilderness Spawning Smarter

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Make Wilderness Spawning Smarter

Postby MadNomad » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:16 am

cherryquartz wrote:how is that NOT racist?

I edited my other post with an explanation as you replied

same with some other posts, there were made a few changes in them as you replied (because sometimes I do think of how to improve my posts/make better explanations of them after I post them)

cherryquartz wrote:You want entire realms built up of people that are only one nationality/only speak a certain language, think about that for a second, really think about it.

I did think about it, these thoughts actually have something in common with what I spoke about previously, for example

Madnomad wrote:what if I do not know a foreign language for example? or if my proficiency at speaking it is not too great? or if I simply like something that is my own?

not exactly sure on what you're trying to say by this

cherryquartz wrote:No, frankly, it sounds racist. I dunno if you've noticed but trolls don't actually live in caves in the real world, we don't have ents roaming around and lynx don't look like they have been smacked in the face with a shovel and run like they are constipated. Realism isn't something we should be worrying about.

maybe, but it is a little bit different kind of thing and maybe slightly out of context we were speaking about, a little bit of fantasy is maybe not too bad but what does it have to do and in common with the topic we were talking about?

Nightdawg wrote:
MadNomad wrote:what if I do not know a foreign language for example?

if they refuse to speak english, kill them

lol :lol: :D

not exactly what I meant, but nice joke, nice joke :D
what I meant is more the aspect of adaptation and living among someone with ease for example
Last edited by MadNomad on Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadNomad

Postby cherryquartz » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:42 am

MadNomad wrote:
cherryquartz wrote:how is that NOT racist?

I edited my other post with an explanation as you replied

same with some other posts, there were made a few changes in them as you replied (because sometimes I do think of how to improve my posts/make better explanations of them after I post them)

cherryquartz wrote:You want entire realms built up of people that are only one nationality/only speak a certain language, think about that for a second, really think about it.

I did think about it, these thoughts actually have something in common with what I spoke about previously, for example

Madnomad wrote:what if I do not know a foreign language for example? or if my proficiency at speaking it is not too great? or if I simply like something that is my own?

not exactly sure on what you're trying to say by this

cherryquartz wrote:No, frankly, it sounds racist. I dunno if you've noticed but trolls don't actually live in caves in the real world, we don't have ents roaming around and lynx don't look like they have been smacked in the face with a shovel and run like they are constipated. Realism isn't something we should be worrying about.

maybe, but it is a little bit different kind of thing and maybe slightly out of context we were speaking about, a little bit of fantasy is maybe not too bad but what does it have to do and in common with the topic we were talking about?

Nightdawg wrote:
MadNomad wrote:what if I do not know a foreign language for example?

if they refuse to speak english, kill them

lol :lol: :D

not exactly what I meant, but nice joke, nice joke :D

Stop editing your posts after then :roll:
cherryquartz

Postby MadNomad » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:46 am

cherryquartz wrote:Stop editing your posts after then :roll:

but it is difficult to think of everything at once, especially when making such long posts, and I wanted to say a bit more, you know?

I just like to make detailed posts with good explanations sometimes
MadNomad

Postby cherryquartz » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:50 am

MadNomad wrote:

but it is difficult to think of everything at once, especially when making such long posts, and I wanted to say a bit more, you know?

Yes but it ruins the flow of the thread, plus, then you change your posts to make them seem different. The gist of it is, you only want to play with people like you and want other people that aren't like you forced elsewhere. Whereas, i think people should be allowed the freedom to choose who they play with.
cherryquartz

Postby MadNomad » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:54 am

cherryquartz wrote:
MadNomad wrote:

Yes but it ruins the flow of the thread, plus, then you change your posts to make them seem different. The gist of it is, you only want to play with people like you and want other people that aren't like you forced elsewhere. Whereas, i think people should be allowed the freedom to choose who they play with.

but isn't the freedom kept in both cases, the one you prefer and the one I do?
building beacons is going to stay either way

even if we want to stay on your side, wouldn't you be forced to build your beacons regardless to be with people you want to be with? or do you just begin in random place and are happy with how it is?
MadNomad

Postby cherryquartz » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:03 am

MadNomad wrote:

even if we want to stay on your side, wouldn't you be forced to build your beacons regardless to be with people you want to be with? or do you just begin in random place and are happy with how it is?

Thing is, you're trying to change something, I'm not, you're trying to force me to spawn with other people, simply because they are like me. It is perfectly fine to build wilderness beacons and find your friends I haven't got an issue with it, you have. How is forcing someone to spawn with people the same as them not taking away freedom? You're deciding that those are the people i should play with or i have to 'build a knarr and go find my friends'. How about, leave it as it is and you go and find your friends?
cherryquartz

Postby MadNomad » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:10 am

cherryquartz wrote:
MadNomad wrote:

Thing is, you're trying to change something, I'm not, you're trying to force me to spawn with other people, simply because they are like me. It is perfectly fine to build wilderness beacons and find your friends I haven't got an issue with it, you have. How is forcing someone to spawn with people the same as them not taking away freedom? You're deciding that those are the people i should play with or i have to 'build a knarr and go find my friends'. How about, leave it as it is and you go and find your friends?

oh, both cases are taking away freedom and giving some other one I think, I guess there are upsides and downsides, good point anyway XD
perhaps there will be something more to discuss about in this context that you just mentioned now, but for now I am a bit tired of talking a lot, perhaps someone else has something to add to the discussion

I just thought that making a great polish kingdom, or if you are english, a great english kingdom, would be nice :D
MadNomad

Postby cherryquartz » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:26 am

MadNomad wrote:
cherryquartz wrote:
MadNomad wrote:

oh, both cases are taking away freedom and giving some other one I think, I guess there are upsides and downsides, good point anyway XD
perhaps there will be something more to discuss about in this context that you just mentioned now, but for now I am a bit tired of talking a lot, perhaps someone else has something to add to the discussion

I just thought that making a great polish kingdom, or if you are english, a great english kingdom, would be nice :D

The only one proposing something being taken away, is you.
cherryquartz

Postby MadNomad » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:36 am

cherryquartz wrote:The only one proposing something being taken away, is you.

as it is currently it takes away the freedom to easily form great national kingdom
but it gives the freedom to do as you want

and vice versa
MadNomad

Postby MadNomad » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:09 am

another idea came to my mind : when you're in the character creation room you could be able to chose which region you want to spawn in, and it could be named after a nationality or at least it could be indicated that it is supposed to be for this nationality

you could still join a foreign one if you want to, for example if you're roleplaying as a traveller or something or have another reason :D

I am also wondering what is the opinion of devs on these things :D :D :D
Last edited by MadNomad on Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadNomad

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas