A realm fix that isn't just deleting them

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: A realm fix that isn't just deleting them

Postby vatas » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:06 am

Sounds quite good, actually.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:12 am

Southpaw wrote:
mvgulik wrote:* Sees a lot of text *
* Does a initial fast scan *
* Comes across "P.S: Remove realms they're fuggen GARBAGE" *
Aha, the real goal (as usual). Good, no need to actually read the rest. Probably just GARBAGE in favor of that real goal.

what a fucking smoothbrain dismissive ass take on a genuinely well-written thread by snail of all people, god forbid quips include personal opinions in 2021, the year of our lord

So what! Is that not that right-wing/snail/etc way!

>"fucking smoothbrain dismissive ass take"
lol. Seem your pretty good at it too.

... Still believing in fairy tails I see. ... "Dead to all infidels" comes to mind! ...
mvgulik

Postby WowGain » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:20 pm

mvgulik wrote:mouth breathing retard talk

its genuinely fascinating how you've managed to go without getting curfewed when your drivel is probably even worse than shublas or enjoyments

anyways, generally i like the idea of these realm mechanics and how they would encourage smaller groups and potentially even hermits to get involved with larger conflict and actually interact with other human beings in an mmo
at the moment when it comes to realms its either all or nothing, you have to entirely commit to devoting a massive amount of resources to either running a realm yourself, or taking part in a faction which is running one. there's very little chance for people to start taking little bites out of entering larger, more drawn out conflict, so i like the change of introducing something that can personally motivate them to do it because it directly would give them benefits for doing so, directly incentivizing interaction with other players both negatively and positively because it is a means of improving your own situation as a hermit or small village

realms basically act as the gateway to being directly involved with larger conflict alongside doing things like participating in huge pvp and running/taking part in large markets- both of which are things that usually happen with realm players to begin with, so lowering the bar for entry in terms of allowing people to at least participate in realms even if they dont have the personal time or resources to manage one feels like a welcome change to me because it means an entire section of the game now will be open to the 99.99% of the playerbase who have literally never even seen a grotesque idol or a menhir.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Sevenless » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:56 pm

Mud slinging aside, I think it's a step in the right direction. Especially the idea of villages getting to create and to a degree direct realm buffs.

That said: Buffs no longer require realm authority, so the limiter is the number of structures built? Is it a flat amount (each realm needs X to get every buff)? How would that work?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:07 pm

Ye, just a flat amount needed for every buff. At the moment it's roughly 60 or 70 structures, I think. A trivial amount in the late world when a lot of people are contributing to it, but still kinda expensive early on considering how slow guano comes into the game.

You also need Irminsuls and Monoliths inside the realm borders, which could be potentially annoying if more coordinated people specifically target those tiles. IMO they could be removed, but I think Jorbtar likes them and there's a good chance they won't rly be an issue anyway. Late world when that stuff becomes a problem I suspect the actual PVP around realms will have died down a lot, at least in certain time-zones, and a couple of industrious hermits who are okay with getting dunked a few times could probably out-match an autistic griefer or two in terms of border control.

Realm structures generating authority means building more after the realm is maxed would be somewhat but probably not very useful depending on the diminishing returns. Plus potentially cool interactions like seeing a battery of 200 menhirs as a ruler and deciding not to fuck with that village because they're actually helping you. Or seeing that as not the ruler and wanting very badly to fuck with that village.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby kiddoinc » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:40 pm

Realms are cool not garbage but you are right it would nice to interact with them more as a normal character. Nice post even if long.
kiddoinc

Postby Zyean » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:41 am

I think 1 day grace period is a little too short for when you win a territory, but yeah, point still remains, protection period when win territory good seems like it could be a little to swingy if it's only 1 day considering how many thingwalls there are, and will be, unless that's the intention, idk. Should be more cosmetic stuff in general from realm stuff like winning challenges, destroying coronation stones, etc, chat icons? Special hats/capes/etc that can't be stolen? Forum badges? idk
Zyean

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:06 am

seems pretty good +1
ChildhoodObesity

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:32 pm

Zyean wrote:I think 1 day grace period is a little too short for when you win a territory, but yeah, point still remains, protection period when win territory good seems like it could be a little to swingy if it's only 1 day considering how many thingwalls there are, and will be, unless that's the intention, idk. Should be more cosmetic stuff in general from realm stuff like winning challenges, destroying coronation stones, etc, chat icons? Special hats/capes/etc that can't be stolen? Forum badges? idk

Anything gained ingame should be able to get stolen imo.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Zyean » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:08 pm

wonder-ass wrote:
Zyean wrote:I think 1 day grace period is a little too short for when you win a territory, but yeah, point still remains, protection period when win territory good seems like it could be a little to swingy if it's only 1 day considering how many thingwalls there are, and will be, unless that's the intention, idk. Should be more cosmetic stuff in general from realm stuff like winning challenges, destroying coronation stones, etc, chat icons? Special hats/capes/etc that can't be stolen? Forum badges? idk

Anything gained ingame should be able to get stolen imo.

Makes it a bit pointless as a reward to flex on people then, since you basically cant wear it or risk losing it
Zyean

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas