Steel making is pain in the ass.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Steel making is pain in the ass.

Postby DoctorCookie » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:15 pm

Anything that requires a login in this way, meaning you have minutes to reload or get whatever job done, seems to be pointless and a penalty against people that have jobs or school even. Like Nightdawg said, could care less about the time, that is fine, the resources, ok no problem, just make it so it can all be loaded at the start.

Ninja edit: I would be ok with a 24 hour reload time rather than 12 so that it could bve done when i play. *ducks*
DoctorCookie

Postby dafels » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:45 pm

why is 12h timer still a thing in 2021 lmao
dafels

Postby WowGain » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:26 am

Fix mining 2021

Allow crucibles to hold 24 hrs worth of fuel at a time and don't reset progress if the crucibles happens to go out
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Pommfritz » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:52 am

WowGain wrote:Fix mining 2021

Allow crucibles to hold 24 hrs worth of fuel at a time and don't reset progress if the crucibles happens to go out

this and do something about taking out your wrought bars inbetween putting in fuel (I assume it's some sort of lag) xd
Pommfritz

Postby Massa » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:24 am

WowGain wrote:Fix mining 2021

Or let us put the whole bulk of fuel in. No reason not to just do set it and forget it.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Vigilance » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:07 am

what the fuck why are there two topics within the same few days with basically the same content

#reworkthewholemetalindustry
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:17 am

A moderation reminder to check existing threads before making new ones. There was less than half a day (aboout 10 hours) between when the two were made.

Also, this has come up multiple times in the past, as I've been one of the ones doing the complaining, both public and private.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:46 am

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee fix this steel making bullshit. it takes so long to make steel for 1 but yeah that's not even that bad considering the timers are so annoying. i've had my steel burn out 50 hours in multiple times and it makes me wanna punch a hole in my wall. jorb PLEASE
ChildhoodObesity

Postby azrid » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:11 pm

This would mean no one will ever buy steel again on the markets.
Bad idea.
azrid

Postby Pommfritz » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:10 pm

I disagree

first of all there is rarely anything usefull sold for ingame stuff and markets are about token generation so basically the whole ingame economy is fucked anyway.
but let's assume I could make some steel bars and make q200-250 steel armor + weapons with my trash steel. I could not only sell the steel to begin with but also sell mid tier gear in exchange for nothing that's useful for me because the economy is fucked but let's assume I'm nice, I could take some ingame items for said items. Which is pretty good for the game and I'm usually also quite nice.
Edit: actually I take half of that back, there is always something usefull, whale meat, other meat etc, stuff that most players can get, I'm not a botter so I don't have infinite and maybe some other stuff as well, might actually be good for the economy xd

and why is the thread title changed xd

edit2: also it's not like I can just tell a buddy to watch the steel with me together since I don't know anyone who plays the game + most contacts I make are via discord and not ingame and they obviously don't end up in a mid world village creation to make steel xD
Pommfritz

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas