Steel making is pain in the ass.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Steel making is pain in the ass.

Postby noindyfikator » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:14 pm

VDZ wrote:
meus wrote:Why should everything be easily achievable? There are enough nolifers that can give you a bar of steel for free, just ask in the chat.

What chat? The realm chat that doesn't reach you until two months into the world?

Anyways, the problem isn't that it takes effort. The problem is that you need to schedule your life around the game. Effort is fine, as long as you can do it when you want, not when the game demands you to play.

Totally agree, times when you have to schedule your life around video game have gone. Things in game can be complex, require a lot of work etc., but! A player should be able to do it when he want to.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby NeoRed9 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:34 pm

I would love a twenty-four hour timer instead. I'd be pretty happy with an eighteen hour timer too.
NeoRed9

Postby WowGain » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:01 am

meus wrote:Why should everything be easily achievable

right clicking sticks into a box every 12 hours isnt hard its just annoying lol

just because something is needlessly tedious doesnt mean its challenging, difficult, or engaging at all. easiness and tedium are not mutually exclusive. tedium is typically the opposite of challenge, not part of it.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Shri » Sun May 29, 2022 11:50 am

I absolutely agree.

In my case. Both, me and my friend in game/rl, go to sleep at 00h. Wake up in 07h to go to work till 18h.
No way we can keep filling for 2 day in a row in 12h intervals.
I would rather fill every 24h, for next 7 days.

Anyway.. I look at it, as major bug. One of top 5 'to do', on next patch list.
As long as it is constructive. I care.
Shri

Postby jock » Sun May 29, 2022 1:26 pm

The only thing that needs changing is the loss of progression. Retain the rest, make us fuel evrry 12 hours for max effiency but if we let it go out. Freeze progress let us restart and continue, hell knock of a little progress due to the steel cooling or whatever(5%) it still be work.

It still costs us resources to do and maintain but this would at least give us a realistic alternative to botting. Cause, that seems to be the standard solution to most things in the game where timing has to be on piont.
jock

Postby wonder-ass » Sun May 29, 2022 6:06 pm

keep literally everything the same just make it so running out of fuel DOESNT reset the fucking timer lol.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Sevenless » Sun May 29, 2022 6:46 pm

wonder-ass wrote:keep literally everything the same just make it so running out of fuel DOESNT reset the fucking timer lol.

Pretty much. Frankly, you just don't need steel as much as you used to for the average player since brickwalls aren't meta so the only people making it are the bigger villages far as I've seen. Making it more accessible by being less frustrating wouldn't be the end of the world.

Sevenless wrote:Serious question: What's the point of having to refill the crucible at all if it's not a ball twister of destroying real life to make it?

If we're making arguments about the game being disruptive to real life schedules due to weird timing mechanics, and we agree that's bad so we change it, I can see no valid reason why steel needs to be refilled at all. Change fuel requirements to only black coal or something (someone more familiar with current metal quality mechanics feel free to tell jorbtar why this is a good or bad idea).

Introduce a new player to that mechanic and they wouldn't bat an eye at it, it fits with how the game cooks many other things after all.

I still hold to my previous argument though.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby WowGain » Mon May 30, 2022 5:26 am

Sevenless wrote: Change fuel requirements to only black coal or something (someone more familiar with current metal quality mechanics feel free to tell jorbtar why this is a good or bad idea).

I still hold to my previous argument though.[/quote]
restricts steel q to a singular point of industry (lucking out on finding a good black coal node). coal q atm is a meeting point of many aspects of industry because of how tar kilns operate and changing it to just be the result of an ore would be an unnecessary bottlecap on q.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Sevenless » Tue May 31, 2022 8:58 pm

WowGain wrote:restricts steel q to a singular point of industry (lucking out on finding a good black coal node). coal q atm is a meeting point of many aspects of industry because of how tar kilns operate and changing it to just be the result of an ore would be an unnecessary bottlecap on q.

That's different from now how though? Ore Q already plays a part in pushing metal quality. Besides, steel isn't the leading quality for anything usually I thought.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jtpitner » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:57 am

I like the idea of not loosing your progression due to time. It is a hassle currently I have only done like 2 sessions of steal and one session of silk due to the scheduling interfering with work schedule. It would be nice to have some new container or something that would help with silk as well if the progress of either would just pause until i return that would be awesome.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
jtpitner

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas