Steel making is pain in the ass.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Steel making is pain in the ass.

Postby MadNomad » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:49 pm

who would make steel when you can make someone else make your steel anyway? ¦]

brickwall is not going to make you much safer than palisade anyway
MadNomad

Postby Sevenless » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:23 pm

MadNomad wrote:who would make steel when you can make someone else make your steel anyway? ¦]

brickwall is not going to make you much safer than palisade anyway

Aye, brick walls haven't been relevant in any way for a long time. Have they ever been worth anything since hafen started? I know they were useful in legacy, but that was mostly when palybashing was a thing.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Okocim » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:20 pm

For me the most punishing thing is when your just a few minutes late to refuel your crucibles.
How about instead of losing all progress it would start dropping over time at similar rate. It would be less punishing and while lengthening the process would allow for longer periods between refuels.
It would also make more sense.
Okocim

Postby Pills » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:38 am

Okocim wrote:For me the most punishing thing is when your just a few minutes late to refuel your crucibles.
How about instead of losing all progress it would start dropping over time at similar rate. It would be less punishing and while lengthening the process would allow for longer periods between refuels.
It would also make more sense.

+1

or y'know, just remove the whole refilling requirement. its existence is just another justification for bots tbh
Pills

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:23 pm

big -1

Making the bots/client features that make the game playable is like 99% of the game's content. If anything the crucibles should take damage at random intervals to make the bots more fun to watch working
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby joojoo1975 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:53 pm

Anything that does away with having to Bot is a +1 for me

If it were up to me, a lot of you have great Ideas

If I were to gum together it would look like this:

you have different kinds of boxes. one that can hold 12h fuel, one that can hold 24h of fuel and one that can hold 48h of fuel the 12h box has the best percentages of turning it into steel or best Q formula. the 24 would be half of the 12(either chance or quality) the 48 would be half of the 24(again either Quality or chance)

Defferent kinds of fuel affects burn rate random factor.
blocks and boards would burn on time or have a chance to burn too fast thus if you filled a 12h box with boards and you get a bad rng then it only burns for 8 hours
charcoal basically same thing but a less range of rng(so a 12h box may only burn for 10 hours etc)
while black coal has no range and you get what you get(12h box burns for 12h)

If this was done you could require more mats for 24 and 48hr boxes and it wouldnt matter if the box goes out and you have to start over. Build a bigger box or get a better fuel
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby terechgracz » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:29 pm

joojoo1975 wrote:Anything that does away with having to Bot is a +1 for me

If it were up to me, a lot of you have great Ideas

If I were to gum together it would look like this:

you have different kinds of boxes. one that can hold 12h fuel, one that can hold 24h of fuel and one that can hold 48h of fuel the 12h box has the best percentages of turning it into steel or best Q formula. the 24 would be half of the 12(either chance or quality) the 48 would be half of the 24(again either Quality or chance)

Defferent kinds of fuel affects burn rate random factor.
blocks and boards would burn on time or have a chance to burn too fast thus if you filled a 12h box with boards and you get a bad rng then it only burns for 8 hours
charcoal basically same thing but a less range of rng(so a 12h box may only burn for 10 hours etc)
while black coal has no range and you get what you get(12h box burns for 12h)

If this was done you could require more mats for 24 and 48hr boxes and it wouldnt matter if the box goes out and you have to start over. Build a bigger box or get a better fuel

Convoluted idea, just make steelmaking one time fill that needs 2 charcoal instead 1. Would remove Pain in ass and reducie hql steel in World.
terechgracz

Postby abt79 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:09 pm

+1

steelmaking is pure ass right now
abt79

Postby joojoo1975 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:15 pm

terechgracz wrote:Convoluted idea, just make steelmaking one time fill that needs 2 charcoal instead 1. Would remove Pain in ass and reducie hql steel in World.

While I agree that the common sense idea should abound. you do know sir that you are talking about H&H
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby sabinati » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:33 am

all timers that end in failure are bad
sabinati

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas