Add a siege dungeon

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Add a siege dungeon

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:47 am

As a tutorial for siege. NPCs would need to use player-like behavior repairing catas/archery towers, coordinating cata shots to insta-drunk stuff without it being repaired etc. Could be a way to make intermediate groups feel more confident regarding PVP, too.

Could also be a good testing ground for players to give feedback on siege. I assume if it were a regular thing people interacted with stuff like randomized ranges / damage would make ppl screech.

Bonus points if they NPCs could try to run away with some of the treasure in a way similar to players trying to get speedbuffs and click critters, but I assume that's unreasonably heavy programming for a tutorial

P.S: It's cringe that the queen in ant dungeons isn't getting fueled by her workers as a combat mediation tutorial
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Re: Add a siege dungeon

Postby WowGain » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:51 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:As a tutorial for siege. NPCs would need to use player-like behavior repairing catas/archery towers, coordinating cata shots to insta-drunk stuff without it being repaired etc.

Bonus points if they NPCs could try to run away with some of the treasure in a way similar to players trying to get speedbuffs and click critters, but I assume that's unreasonably heavy programming for a tutorial

absolutely massive +1, make it a goblin/dwarf stronghold or smthing with some nice loot for successfully cracking the place open and clearing it out

also molehole dungeons when jorb
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:54 pm

Top tier idea the ant queen part is on point. Tho not sure how well the average hermit would understand this mechanic i suppose a lore event explaining it could work.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby aselpina » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:35 pm

+1 good idea
aselpina

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:29 pm

I'd like to see more pve encounters behaving like pvp encounters. The closest one being a troll fight atm which teaches you running and drinknig but it has insanely retarded mechanics that make you die just because. There could be put a whole lot more effort in teaching people with pve encounters. For example animals have Bristle which does what Artful does but doesn't give IP to the opponent and in pvp it's pretty normal that you get a decent amount of IP if your oponent has to use defenses. sorry for derailing a little

regarding op, some more tutorial stuff obviously makes sense, the only downside is that all this stuff would have to be reitterated once siege will be changed and I doubt that siege makes sense yet. so no way this is going to happen anytime soon even if it makes a lot of sense.
Pommfritz

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:37 pm

Pommfritz wrote:For example animals have Bristle which does what Artful does but doesn't give IP to the opponent and in pvp it's pretty normal that you get a decent amount of IP if your oponent has to use defenses.

That's a good idea, making animals moves more like pvp moves seems like a good start.
DDDsDD999

Postby pawnchito » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:07 am

This sounds like a cool idea. Would need to be like Valhalla or some other way to access it without having to find a dungeon though, otherwise cool.
pawnchito

Return to Critique & Ideas