Using a wagon to move immovable objects

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Using a wagon to move immovable objects

Postby steelman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:48 pm

There are many immovable objects in the game, and I often wish I could move some of them.
Please add a mount(or tow) function to a wagon so that some objects (cistern, granary, rope walk, extra press, etc.) can be moved by wagon.
steelman

Re: Using a wagon to move immovable objects

Postby Pommfritz » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:27 pm

why wagon? could just add the option to a bull
Pommfritz

Postby Fierce_Deity » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:37 pm

A lot of time people suggest things in such a way that they think it will be easier for the dev's to implement...but if thats the case here then he does not have much of a clue.

I'm not opposed to adding ways to move those objects, even just having them liftable or draggable at crawl speed. Lets not make the methods to do so absurd though. Imagine hooking a cistern to a bull and dragging that bitch across your base and thinking 'yep this item is sturdy enough to handle this'. Unless the idea with the wagon is that the immovable object would go in the wagon...in which case that implies we are able to lift it. Just let us collapse or lift them. Add a restriction to not being able to hearth with 'extra heavy' infrastructure objects if need be.
Fierce_Deity

Postby steelman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:30 pm

Fierce_Deity wrote:A lot of time people suggest things in such a way that they think it will be easier for the dev's to implement...but if thats the case here then he does not have much of a clue.

I'm not opposed to adding ways to move those objects, even just having them liftable or draggable at crawl speed. Lets not make the methods to do so absurd though. Imagine hooking a cistern to a bull and dragging that bitch across your base and thinking 'yep this item is sturdy enough to handle this'. Unless the idea with the wagon is that the immovable object would go in the wagon...in which case that implies we are able to lift it. Just let us collapse or lift them. Add a restriction to not being able to hearth with 'extra heavy' infrastructure objects if need be.

A wagon can carry 20 cargoes, and cister and granary have a capacity of 20 barrels, so I thought a wagon has a right size to mount such objects. But I think it's a good idea to use a bull or horse to tow it. Anyway, I wish I could move it.
steelman

Postby VDZ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:35 pm

steelman wrote:cistern

Most of a cistern is built underground.

Heart Magic would seem more appropriate to me for that.
VDZ

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:04 pm

VDZ wrote:Most of a cistern is built underground.

We literally have above ground cisterns...

Here's a professional drawing at a slightly different angle
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby VDZ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:32 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
VDZ wrote:Most of a cistern is built underground.

We literally have above ground cisterns...

Here's a professional drawing at a slightly different angle

Huh. I rarely build cisterns in Haven and I've never looked closely, but what the hell's up with that? How does that wooden structure not collapse under the weight of 2000 liters of liquid? How do you get liquid out of that, and more importantly, how do you put liquid into that once it's half-full? Do you screw off the thatched roof or something? If the hut is not a fancy decoration but the actual cistern itself it seems both highly implausible and highly impractical (in addition to probably being historically inaccurate - as far as I'm aware ancient cisterns were always underground, but I'm no expert).
VDZ

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:52 pm

Idk I just googled "above ground wood cistern" and they look legit.

Who cares anyway, how they look shouldn't even be in the top 2000 priorities for this game.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:40 pm

did you also find pictures or videos of someone trying to pull it with a wagon or a bull? xd
Pommfritz

Return to Critique & Ideas