Separate LP for crafting and combat skills

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Separate LP for crafting and combat skills

Postby WowGain » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:57 pm

wonder-ass wrote:
shubla wrote:You would still need crafter alts, wounds from combat would disrupt crafting etc. etc.

which combat wound lowers crafting stats other than concussion... and this idea wasnt to completely remove alts nothing can its to lower the use of alts.

alchemical wounds do but you're only getting those for a short time from your village healer to help you with the big nasty combat wounds anyways lole- and if they know their shit those will be either very short lived or nonexistent anyways
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Massa » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:55 pm

why would i willingly and consciously put the character i use to craft and do everything in the village in danger

have we ever considered............. alts are.... le good?????????????
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby pawnchito » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:39 pm

How high are ya'lls softcap need? It's like 1.5 mil LP to get to 150 ability so with that and a set you get to 300 along with a redunk high attribute your softcap is like 500.

I like the idea its good.
pawnchito

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:09 pm

+1
Would be especially nice for early game survival / masonry bois to not get cucked
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:52 pm

one downside could be that you would need to get more credos on you main now. could get really cancer depending on if you can split crafting tasks among people or not but you'll probably end up having to do 2 extra credos at least.
Pommfritz

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:10 pm

Pommfritz wrote:one downside could be that you would need to get more credos on you main now. could get really cancer depending on if you can split crafting tasks among people or not but you'll probably end up having to do 2 extra credos at least.

It's not like fighters need any credos besides forager ever since the credo changes this world. I don't think this will have much impact on what credos people do.

Also conversations will surely fix credos.
DDDsDD999

Postby vatas » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:29 pm

Depending on how critical it is that you have more water than your opponent, Nomad might be considered pretty mandatory.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:49 pm

Once you have trollbelts water quantity becomes a very situational concern. Kinda like wandering sage. Minor PVP benefits, but realistically you'd be better off grinding a few hundred more strength than spending x10 the effort on a credo.

Skii fights are kindof an exception, but I assume that'll be changed eventually.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby AriZona » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:00 pm

The suggestion does not solve or effectively change anything. Merely more convoluted mechanics ...
AriZona

Postby spragoon » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:52 pm

I think it's an interesting idea. I typically use a crafter character and a fighter character every world and it's super tedious to manage food/curios for two characters in my opinion.

AriZona wrote:-1
The suggestion does not solve or effectively change anything. Merely more convoluted mechanics ...

I think it might better prepare new players to deal with the world. I know a few players that wanted to learn the crafting stuff first and then quit because they got their shit pushed in by an ant or bat that they thought they could take with 1 UA. I know this doesn't exactly fix this problem, but I think it's worth discussing.
HexIndustries village member since w10
spragoon

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas