Separate LP for crafting and combat skills

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Separate LP for crafting and combat skills

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:35 pm

Make it so LP can only be spent on non-combat skills. But a certain % of LP gets added to a separate combat LP which can only be spent on UA/MC/MM.

Currently, it's actively bad to raise both crafting and combat skills on one character, since they compete for the same resource. There's still a bunch of reasons to raise alts, but alts shouldn't be a way to boost character development.
DDDsDD999

Re: Separate LP for crafting and combat skills

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:38 pm

+1 fuck alts.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:02 pm

JUST THINK BEFORE YOU SAY "but having different roles waah" AND THINK OF THIS:

People will still be able to have different roles AND will have the possibility to be a fighter at the same time.
Why completely deny the fun of PVP from someone who wants to be able to cook or craft or mine or farm or whatever?

Also non-fighter characters are mostly just alt accounts shared between 5+ people. Alts are so fun. We need more tbh.

Would be nice to have some alternative LP for combat. +1
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:04 am

maybe completely seperate lp would be cool crafting lp form normal curios and discoveries and combat lp from hunting. combat lp from pvp would also be cool but only if it's not exploitable or from genuine pvp matches with friends but I doubt thats possible xd
Pommfritz

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:51 am

Pommfritz wrote:maybe completely seperate lp would be cool crafting lp form normal curios and discoveries and combat lp from hunting. combat lp from pvp would also be cool but only if it's not exploitable or from genuine pvp matches with friends but I doubt thats possible xd

Killing animals non-stop for moves is already tedious, doing that endlessly for combat skills would be terrible.

One thing I like about the shared gain is even people that want to just fight can have a profession on their main. Right now combat characters are just walking sacks of lard that punch things, wasting lp on crafting skills directly hinders your combat skills. I could see a group of fighters deciding on a set of tasks they split amongst each other naturally, rather than the current meta of sharing crafting alts.
DDDsDD999

Postby WowGain » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:59 am

+1, reducing the need for mandatory sets of fighting and crafting alts by potentially being able to fold them into each other at least to some extent would be nice. Would also mean that nabs would have an easier time with the allocation of their points
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby jordancoles » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:20 am

Could be good
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby vatas » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:16 pm

Might just be crazy enough to work.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby shubla » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:08 pm

You would still need crafter alts, wounds from combat would disrupt crafting etc. etc.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:34 pm

shubla wrote:You would still need crafter alts, wounds from combat would disrupt crafting etc. etc.

which combat wound lowers crafting stats other than concussion... and this idea wasnt to completely remove alts nothing can its to lower the use of alts.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas